Front-End Developer – Early Learning at Scale
Social business startup: educating one billion children
At EIDU, we create a learning app for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve. Our vision is to educate these children by building the next generation global edtech learning platform.
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential, however more than 600 million children in the world are not even learning foundational skills like reading and basic math despite the majority of them going to school. Our digital solution enables them to learn by themselves and provides teachers with high quality teaching support. It works globally, even on the cheapest smartphones and tablets.
We are developing the EIDU system in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 5,000 children in the largest urban informal settlements in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya and we are on our way to scale to many different places in the world. We collect data from all players, children, teachers, parents and school owners and so have a vast, rich dataset, qualitative and quantitative.
How we work
- Agile methodology, in autonomous teams, with a strong focus on Clean Code
- Current technologies:
- Apps: C#, Xamarin, Unity3D, Android, Kotlin, Java
- Backend: Kotlin, Python, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Ansible
What you should bring
- A minimum of two years experience in writing code
- A proven record of designing and implementing great user interfaces
- Xamarin and/or Android experience is not required but is a plus!
- Passion about writing clean, maintainable, functional and testable code
What we offer
- An international team of passionate people located in Berlin and Nairobi, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- We focus on results, not time spent in the office, so there’s a high degree of flexibility regarding working hours, vacations, and the place of your work.
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with an application letter and your CV.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.