Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's leading social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we want to reverse the tide of deforestation by planting a billion native trees. So far our 8+ million users have planted over 70 million trees. Our reach is expanding in all means and we are growing and planting worldwide.
We are looking for a Junior Human Resources Manager to join us in Berlin and help make our team experience the very best possible! Do you want to become part of an inspiring team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you’ll do
- Be the first point of contact for our employees on any administrative HR-related queries
- Manage and develop our administrative processes along the employee lifecycle ranging from on,-off,-re-boardings to contracts, employee leave, survey conduction and payroll
- Handle our visa, work permit and relocation management
- Review and renew company policies and legal compliance
- Take an active role in supporting and improving existing HR processes
- Assist with planning and executing our employee well-being activities, such as birthday gifts, team events etc.
What you bring
- A degree or comparable qualification in either Business, Human Resources or Psychology and 1+ years of relevant work experience
- A passion for employee relations and the ability to build trust and credibility with our employees
- A keen interest in the operational parts of the Human Resources profession
- You have respect for and share our core values and our love for trees
- You possess excellent communication skills and are a team player
- You fluently speak and write in both English and German
- You already have a basic knowledge of German employment law and work permit/ visa application procedures, or can prove the ability to gain such knowledge fast
- Analytical thinking and a strongly solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and have an entrepreneurial attitude
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
- Brief introductory call with a member of our HR team
- Onsite interview with our Head of HR and another Ecosia team member
What we offer:
- Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working for an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet you live on
- Your work will be used daily by millions of people across the globe
- You will be supported by our HR team in your professional development
- There will be great development opportunities for you in this position.
- Eco-activism is not expected, but fully supported by the company
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Opportunities and support for you to advance your professional growth like monthly learning days, hack days and free book policy
- Entrepreneurial environment open for your ideas and initiatives
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location
- Two no-meeting days per week, open for periods of remote work
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your green-electricity bill
- More perks like weekly team breakfasts, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability or length of time spent unemployed.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.