Founded in 2013 by Florian Hoffmann and Katherin Kirschenmann, the DO School is an award winning social business and the cornerstone of a global movement of purposeful doing. The DO School brings together leading organisations, world-renowned experts and talented impact entrepreneurs to clarify new ideas, and bring them to life quickly as new products, processes and services, inspiring seismic cultural shifts that transform people, businesses and society, and create not just better business but a better world – for everyone. The DO School is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Hamburg, New York and Hong Kong and has facilitated engagements in 30 countries for over 50,000 participants to date.
DO it: Community Manager
You are a natural born communicator and are excited to leverage your community management experience and brand building knowledge to develop a vibrant community of young and senior leaders to create more impact around the globe
Start date: ASAP
Location: Berlin Campus Germany
Position type: Full time, 1 year contract with possibility to extend
Let’s DO it together.
The DO School community is a global, heterogeneous mix of impact entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, young talent and senior leaders from business and nonprofit organisations, who are involved with the DO School as participants, alumni, mentors, experts and partners and have a passion to DO.
The Community Manager is at the heart of this community and keeps it engaged, inspired and connected to the DO School spirit.
The Community Manager will work closely with the DO School Founders and the communications, partnerships and program team to...
- Implement the community strategy focussing on growth and engagement
- Encourage constant, lively engagement with and among our community of DOers, through the DO School app, various social media platforms, regular newsletters and events
- Increase awareness of, and interest in the exceptional individual stories of our community’s members, through mainstream traditional and online media, as well as bloggers, social media, and influencers
- Build up a series of local hubs of community members and activities around the globe
- Encourage wider use by the community of the DO School app, and oversee the moderation of its various ‘rooms’, working closely with the DO School Program team to broaden its uptake and better define its utility to internal dialogues within our community
- Plan and implement an annual calendar of community-focused events, both internally and externally, worldwide
- Encourage closer contact and more regular, better distributed flow of news and information between individual community members and the DO School
- Manage our customer relationship management software and the current project of uploading and collecting our community information
- You have a minimum three (3) years experience in community building and management, including both strategy and operations. Experience with issues relating to public relations (particularly with a social and/or community focus), or relationship marketing is desirable
- You are a creative, flexible and energetic self-starter, socially aware and with a positive outlook. You are a people’s person, empathetic and able to make connections quickly and to adapt to diverse social environments
- You have outstanding communication skills, both orally and in writing and both short and long-form. You can adapt to different target groups and media, from writing press releases, briefing documents and presentations to snappy social media posts or discussion comments
- Experience with network building and setting up local hub structures is preferrable
- You must have experience with CRM software, ideally Salesforce, and a basic understanding of data architecture
- You must have a good understanding of desktop and mobile technology, apps, and the most popular social platforms, as well as be Mac-literate, with a confident working knowledge of most Google, Microsoft and Apple office tools. Experience with one or more of the Adobe suite of design, illustration, photography or video editing programs is also a plus
- You are able to self-organise, to work without a lot of supervision and under pressure and meet challenging goals
- Fluent English (written and spoken, preferably native). Fluent German (written and spoken) and other languages an advantage. Note that the the DO School is an international community, with English as its common language.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to make a difference in a small but global organization and contribute to our ambitious growth and impact goals
- The collaboration with an entrepreneurial, creative and international team as well as the chance to engage with a global community of purposeful DOers - entrepreneurs, experts and intrapreneurs - from over 90 countries
- An environment in which the alignment of passion and purpose is encouraged and the hunger and ability for getting things done celebrated
- A competitive salary with benefits, team building activities and professional development initiatives
We look forward to your application to become part of our DO School team! Our application process is always online, so please submit your application through our application portal: https://thedoschool.jobbase.io/
The deadline for the applications is 31st January, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about the application process or the job description, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we only accept applicants who have the right to work in Germany.
Equal opportunity employer:
The DO School provides equal employment opportunities to all people, without discrimination based on country of origin, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, marital status, disability or sexual orientation.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.