As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
- Job-ID: V000046342
- Assignment period: 09/06/2021 - 03/05/2022
- Field: Trainees
- Application deadline: 07/26/2021
The corona pandemic has placed a heavy burden on developing countries. The crisis challenges social and economic development for the months and years to come. In response, the #SmartDevelopmentFund was launched by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Commission (EC).
In Spring 2020 the #SmartDevelopmentHack called for innovative digital solutions to tackle the challenges caused by the coronavirus outbreak in low- and middle-income countries. Under the patronage of the BMZ together with “Team Europe” partners from the EC, other EU member states, tech companies and civil society, nine winning projects were selected and are currently scaling their innovations around the world.
- Support with the implementation and coordination of the winning projects of the #SmartDevelopmentFund, with a focus on the project CallvsCorona
- Support with public relations, e.g. #SmartDevelopmentFund videos, jointly with the communication agency
- Development of various communication materials (factsheets, project articles, presentations, website, social media etc.)
- Organisation of internal workshops and international conferences
- Research background information, supporting the processes of the #SmartDevelopmentFund
- Assist the project’s knowledge management, e.g. identifying and documenting good organizational practices
- Take over tasks in day-to-day business and support of administrative processes
- You completed your undergraduate or graduate studies (Bachelor or Master) in the field of digitalisation, business administration, communication, social sciences or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You gained initial experiences in the field of development cooperation and are highly interested in the promotion of digitalisation in developing countries
- You gained experiences in organising events and virtual meetings
- Your strengths include quick comprehension, very good analytical & communication skills, innovative thinking, intercultural sensitivity and team spirit
- You possess very good organizational skills, are used to working independently and take personal ownership over tasks and assignments
- You are highly familiar with Microsoft 365 applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Teams) and enjoy preparing communication material, advanced IT and communication skills are an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and good German and other spoken and written language skills are an asset
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.652,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Maida Hernandez (email@example.com).
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.