Demos is recruiting for an Events Manager to oversee our fast-growing UK and international events programme.
This is a permanent role, reporting to the Deputy Director, with significant opportunities for creative freedom to shape and grow Demos’ suite of research and public event activities.
Demos’ events are a critical part of our cultural and intellectual contribution to public debate in Britain and beyond, and this role offers a unique platform to contribute significantly to our strategic growth and influence.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Superb administration, logistical and budgeting skills for event delivery across a range of sizes and formats
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach to working with Demos researchers and our wider networks, to help develop interesting ideas for events with innovative formats and partnerships
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Sound knowledge of key public figures, journalists, commentators and MPs/Ministers, and other potential candidates for speakers and chairs of policy events – in the UK, and potentially also Europe/United States
- Confident fundraising abilities and demonstrated experience is also desirable, but not essential
The main tasks of this position are:
- To deliver and manage Demos’ full suite of events, including: research events, roundtables, briefings, public debates, private dinners, and other launch and research-led series to an exceptional standard
- To oversee Demos’ presence at party conferences, including event design, speaker recruitment, logistics and briefings for participants and staff
- With senior Demos staff, conceive and develop an annual events strategy, including a programme of timely and interesting policy events in a range of formats
- To develop networks with potential speakers, funders and venue partners, and grow Demos’ reach in the UK and internationally
- To support fundraising for public and private events activities
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter, outlining your skills and experience, to email@example.com by Friday 20 October.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.