Demos is a dynamic, independent think tank whose areas of research and influence include social policy, modern economy and international programmes, as well as our Centre for Analysis of Social Media.
Demos is seeking, for the beginning of 2018, a
This is a permanent, full time position, with competitive salary. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can shape the intellectual direction of the organisation across these diverse areas of work, and grow our reach and impact across different sectors.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Significant experience at a senior management level, preferably in a think tank or similar organisation
- Exceptional leadership skills
- A strong and demonstrable track record in fundraising
- Track record of policy influence and political impact
- A high level network of contacts in business, public sector and government
- A demonstrable track record in publishing and familiarity with research methodologies
- Excellent political knowledge and influencing skills
- Excellent public speaking and advocacy skills
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Actively identifying opportunities to grow Demos' strategic reach and influence, and shaping the overall strategic direction of the organisation – including our research strategy, communications priorities, political positioning and fundraising strategy aligned to organisational growth plans
- Overseeing the organisation’s operational and financial management, including people management and resourcing, setting budgets and forecasts, preparing for our annual audit, and reporting to the Demos trustees on a quarterly basis
- Representing Demos in the media, at events and party conferences, attending stakeholder and funder meetings as needed; writing articles, comment pieces and longer papers to reinforce Demos’ intellectual identity.
- Being ultimately responsible for our programme of research across several policy areas, including project management, overseeing research design and methodologies , and authorising research budgets and monitoring staff resources with assistance from the SMT.
- Working collaboratively with the Deputy Director and our four Heads of Programme (the SMT) on the day-to-day management of the organisation.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining both your experience, and also your priorities for Demos’ strategic growth in 2018 and beyond, to email@example.com by 31 October 2017.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.