Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS Apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
At Clue we embrace a culture that values everyones’ uniqueness and lets them flourish as an individual. We are constantly working on creating an environment which provides equal opportunities, regardless of your ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, and any other diverse backgrounds. As a part of our team, your unique set of talents will always be appreciated and we’re committed to provide them with a nurturing and safe environment.
Join our Android Chapter and help over 6 million monthly active users on the acclaimed Clue Android App to learn about their bodies and to better live in sync with their biology. Find an environment that fosters individual growth and allows you to contribute your ideas to a variety of challenges, beyond just writing code.
We're looking for an experienced Android Engineer with strong coding skills and a collaborative nature. We work in iterations with an informal agile approach, using Github as our collaboration platform. You will be part of a well-functioning and diverse team. We value friendliness, helpfulness and that you care for what we’re building, so please let us know why Clue caught your interest.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional development team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write automated tests for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on application stability and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise our development team efficiency.
- Solid knowledge of writing consumer applications for Android in Kotlin (our codebase has legacy parts in Java but around 60% are Kotlin already).
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Able to write multi-threaded & thread-safe asynchronous code
- Version control with Git using common branching and merging workflows.
- You have experience working in collaborative teams, and understand the benefits of sharing knowledge via pair programming and code reviews.
- Bonus: test-driven development experience, knowledge of CI systems (Jenkins), experience with the persistence library Room and dependency management, experience with RxJava / Flow or keen interest to learn.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and a free on-site therapist
- Learn and grow with a professional and personal development budget
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: One day per week where Cluebies can put their health & wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.