Clue helps everyone who menstruates to understand their bodies—and to be empowered by that knowledge. Our vision is to enable women and people with cycles to live in tune with their biology, not in spite of it.
Founded by Ida Tin, Clue is a VC backed startup based in Berlin helping over 12 million people each month get insights into their reproductive health via our Android and iOS Apps. We collaborate with world-leading universities and institutes to advance female health research with our dataset, and deliver essential education about health, periods, and sex via our website, helloclue.com.
The Content Team works closely with most parts of the company, including Product, Brand, Marketing, and Science. We write, edit and review content that spans various themes and topics related to menstrual and reproductive health while remaining focused on the core message of the Content Team: informing the reader so they can make educated choices about reproductive health. While most of the content lives in our ‘Encyclopedia’ at helloclue.com, we also write in-app content, a monthly newsletter, and are active on social media.
The Science Editor will work closely with Clue’s Editor and the Science Content Lead to support Clue’s science writing. This role involves science writing, copywriting, story creation, referencing, editing, and proofreading. The Science Editor will ensure scientific and health information across Clue outlets is correct and up-to-date. We are looking for someone with a passion for menstrual and reproductive health.
Writing, editing, proofreading
- Research, write and update content on reproduction/contraception/periods for the app and website
- Work with science writers, fact-checkers, and experts to produce high-quality content
- Assist the Content Editor and Content Manager in getting content from request to publication according to the editorial calendar
Search Engine Optimization
- Work with the Editor to review and update existing content to improve performance in search
- Support the development and implementation of Clue’s content strategy
- Advanced medical qualifications (DNP, NP, CNM) with a focus on female health and good knowledge of current clinical resources is a must
- Experience in writing, editing, and proofreading health-related content is a must
- Native-level English writing is a must
- Experience in SEO and content strategy is preferred
- Experience working with freelance writers is preferred
We are looking for a Science Editor who can start in September. Please submit one relevant sample, a CV, and a motivation letter that tells us why you’d be a good fit for this job, your relevant experience, what your goals are, and why Clue is the right place for you.
We particularly encourage women of color, transgender, and non-binary editors to apply.
We believe personal growth is essential for professional growth which is why we offer all the standard benefits, plus some that are uniquely Clue.
- Care for your body and mind with free weekly yoga, and a free on-site therapist
- Learn and grow with a professional and personal development budget
- Work your way in our child-friendly and dog-friendly office. We’ll help with relocation if you’re not already in Berlin.
- Five weeks of paid vacation each year, a competitive salary, participation in our all-employee option pool, and the option to join the company pension plan.
- Flex Fridays: One day per week where Cluebies can put their health and wellbeing first, stay energized and maintain a sustainable high level of productivity.
Clue is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. Our users are global and multicultural—and we want our team to reflect this. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working remotely from home in Berlin.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.