We are looking for a Business Development Officer with experience in Trusts, Foundation and Statutory Income to join our thriving Business Development department.
We are a legal and environmental charity that uses the power of the law to fight against climate change and to protect nature and the environment. Our Development Department is responsible for raising funds that enable us to deliver our mission. The Development department is formed of several fundraising strands: an established Grants programme, securing funding from trusts, foundations and institutional donors; a newly formed Digital Fundraising stream, raising income from the public; and a Philanthropy team, working with a wide range of individuals and organisations to raise primarily unrestricted gifts to support ClientEarth’s work.
In this role, you will be supporting our Business Development Manager in the generation and management of a growing funder portfolio, with funders from a wide range of markets including Europe, the US and Asia. You will be undertaking prospect research into new funders and will need to keep up-to-date with work across our programme areas and geographies.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by our new Business Development Manager Julianne Oliveri, who joins ClientEarth in August 2021. Julianne brings over a decade of experience raising income from trusts, foundation, statutory and institutional grant giving bodies and has worked within a wide range of fundraising environments, including a world-leading university, a local hospital charity, and a national membership and lobbying organisation. Outside of work, Julianne is for the Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Prospect research and pipeline development, including undertaking prospect research to scope potential new funders and identifying and escalating risks
- Business Development and Income generation, including drafting fundraising materials, funding proposals, and concept notes, coordinating the input of colleagues from across the organisation to ensure the development of high-quality proposals and meeting with funder contact points.
- Systems and processes, including providing timely and accurate information on funding opportunities and progress with your workplan, and supporting the development and improvement of team systems and processes.
- Participating in programme team meetings and strategy sessions to develop an understanding of ClientEarth’s funding needs
- Experience of working in a fundraising or business development role for a charity, NGO, private or public entity
- Experience of drafting compelling and successful proposals for trusts, foundations and statutory institutions
- Experience of coordinating the engagement of a variety of internal and external stakeholders in the proposal development process
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines
- Good writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to foster positive working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders including and especially with funders
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English (essential)
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in another European language (highly desirable)
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based. See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK/Germany.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.
Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.clientearth.org/
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.