Citizens for Syria (CfS) is a registered organization in Berlin –Germany since 2013. Citizens for Syria’s mission is supporting civil society actors in Syria, neighboring countries and connect those actors with international counterparts.
CfS is leading a consortium of five organizations to implement a 3-year program inside Syria to support the civil society, the program team will be independently managing the program and coordinating with all partners.
Citizens for Syria seeks a
- Closing date: 30/03/2018
- Job type: fulltime
- Work location: Berlin, Germany
- Job years of experience: 3
A finance officer for the joint project to coordinate with the finance departments of the implementing partners and ensure utmost control of financial transactions and activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the program manager; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Manage program cash flow and forecasting.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Create, update and implement all necessary financial policies and accounting practices for the project in accordance with the donor, CfS and partner’s policies
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the consortium’s steering committee.
- Advanced degree in Finance, accounting, economics, or a related field; several years of experience in a finance role; superior mathematical skills. Ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- broad financial and operations management experience with at least 3-5 years of overall professional experience in Non-Profit organizations and a track record in European grants management is essencial.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel in addition to accommodation in Berlin
- Fluent/Native English and Arabic Speaker is a plus.
- High integrity and creditability.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values and dedication to the mission of Nonprofit
- A corresponding salary scale
- Responsible and independent work in a pleasant environment
- Working with a diverse and international team
How to apply:
To apply please fill in this form.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.