So at Chemonics, development is more than a passion or a calling. It’s a profession. Doing it well takes experience, ingenuity and a stubborn insistence that tomorrow’s work must be better than today’s.
Chemonics seeks short-term
based in Berlin, Germany, for an ongoing early grade education and grants program supporting Syria. The accountant/bookkeepers will coordinate closely with the project management field office based in Berlin and the project management home office based in Washington, D.C. They will report directly to the operations and program manager and/or a designee. The assignments will take place through approximately April 30, 2018, with the possibility of extension. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist with all financial accounting operations for the Syria Sub-Granting Management (Injaz) Program, implemented by Chemonics
- Support field-office transactions in compliance with Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Legal authorization to work in Germany
- Completion of secondary school required; university degree in business management or accounting preferred
- Minimum one year of relevant bookkeeping, financial management, or accounting experience in Iraq; experience with large-scale international projects preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices and of general best practices in Iraq required
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, government entities, support organizations, and the general public
- Demonstrated high proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheet applications required; ability to effectively use financial management applications such as ABACUS, as well as MS Access, word processing, and other applications
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken Kurdish and Arabic required, as well as limited proficiency in written and spoken English
Please email your CV and cover letter to RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com by Febuary 2, 2018. No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.