CDP Europe is a charitable organization registered in Brussels and Berlin and on the EU Transparency Register since 2012. It is part of the CDP Global System, a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with over 590 investors with $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 10,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies worth over 50% of global market capitalization, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 01/01/2022
Earliest starting date: as soon as possible
Due to the continuous, strong growth of our organisation we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe’s international Finance & Administration team. This additional role is defined to provide additional support and to cooperate closely with CDP Europe’s well-established Finance Manager, ensuring a smooth and efficient delivery of all relevant tasks.
About the role: Are you interested in using and developing your skills for a good cause in an exciting, international, mission-driven environment? In this role you will be the point of contact for clients and Account Managers, efficiently managing the daily operations of CDP Europe’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable in an accurate and timely manner, reporting to the Associate Director Finance at CDP Europe.
The role includes
- Maintain overall operational accountancy, including Accounts Receivables (including dunning process) and Accounts Payables;
- Posting entries in CDP’s accounting system (DATEV) considering amendments, accounts reconciliation, clarification, and intercompany transactions;
- Preparation and transmitting of monthly VAT returns, EC intra community sales lists to authorities, Z4 reports to the Federal Bank;
- Supporting annual accounts activities incl. postings, underlying documents;
- Maintain supplier invoices, payroll, travel claims, expense claims and credit cards;
- Communicate with banks, vendors, tax advisors and auditors;
- Filing of files and maintenance of finance related databases;
- Support teams with reporting, analysis, comparisons and other finance related tasks;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate should have
- Successfully completed a vocational training or business studies with a focus on accounting, finance, business administration or related field;
- 3+ year of prior experience in financial accounting with B2B clients;
- Familiarity with standard accounting system (preferably DATEV);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel;
- Very good command of spoken and written German, at least good skills in English;
- Detail-oriented attitude, combined with a well-structured and analytical working style;
- Hands-on and proactive attitude, ability to work independently as well as to be a team member;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to handle interaction with clients in a professional and friendly manner;
- Strong mathematical and creative problem-solving skills preferred;
- Prior experience in using CRM tools is a plus.
What we offer
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- Company pension with Allianz;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Individually tailored trainings;
- Team events and Off-sites;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to Associate Director Finance.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents in German or English (motivation letter, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date), via our recruiting platform.
Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By submitting your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.