CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to lead its Commit to Action (CTA) program within CDP Europe’s Corporates and Supply Chains team.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with 500+ institutional investors with assets of US$96 trillion and 120+ supply chain members with a combined purchasing power of $3.6 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 620 cities and over 120 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
About Commit to Action:
CDP’s Commit to Action (CTA) Program focuses on driving the transition to a 1.5°C net-zero emissions society, by working with the world’s most influential companies on a suite of climate leadership initiatives such as the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), its flagship campaign Business Ambition for 1.5°C and the commitment to source 100% renewable electricity through the RE100 initiative. Visit https://sciencebasedtargets.org, www.re100.org and www.cdp.net/commit to read more.
The role includes:
- Developing and implementing a regional corporate engagement strategy to further drive strategic climate leadership initiatives in Europe, focusing on the SBTi Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign in the run up to COP26 in November 2021;
- Working with Europe’s most impactful companies, inviting and supporting them to implement 1.5°C science-based emissions targets and commit to achieving net-zero value-chain emissions before 2050;
- Coordinating closely with colleagues in CDP Europe’s Corporates and Supply Chains teams on corporate engagement activities and contributing to the development of key engagement materials for use by the global CDP Corporate Relations team;
- Speaking about the initiatives in public capacity at both CDP internal as well as external events, workshops, and corporate meetings across Europe.
- Coordinating closely with the Global Manager, Commit to Action, particularly in the management of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including initiative partner organizations, regional partners and collaborators, and industry groups to advance CDP and CTA’s corporate engagement strategy and goals;
- Supporting the Commit to Action team’s work with other CDP programs, supporting events, and contributing to reports, briefings, and updates.
- Utilizing internal client relationship management systems (CRM and Excel) to keep records and track progress;
- Assist with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably related to sustainability and/or business;
- Demonstrated experience in campaign work, sales, project management, and/or event management preferred;
- Sound understanding of corporate sustainability topics, particularly GHGs, climate change management and renewable energy;
- Good public speaking skills and proven ability to interact with high-level representatives from private and public sectors with confidence and fluency on key campaign messages and goals;
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to make complex technical subjects accessible to non-expert audiences;
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure, strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of teams and external stakeholders, liaising as needed across different time zones and cultures;
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage.
- Ability to commence immediately.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Global Manager, Commit to Action. The role is limited to 2 years with the aim of long-term cooperation.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Lea Fink, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “EU Lead, CTA – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.