Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: October 1, 2019
- Are you excited to use your technical and analytical skills and mindset for creating a thriving economy that works for both people and planet?
- Would you enjoy enabling a corporate-facing team in an international non-profit organization to pursue its mission through enhanced analytics and data visualization?
- Do you have a keen interest in improving working procedures through operational excellence?
- Then help us make the business case for our planet and people.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP’s Corporate Operations team. This position is an exciting opportunity to apply technical, analytical and data visualization skills in the context of an environmental NGO that works with many of the world’s largest multinationals, such as L'Oréal, Volkswagen and Telefonica, to mitigate climate change, improve water security and tackle deforestation.
- CDP: CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with 500+ institutional investors with assets of US$96 trillion and 120+ supply chain members with a combined purchasing power of $3.6 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 620 cities and over 120 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
The role includes:
- Enabling the work of CDP Europe’s Corporate Operations Team through business intelligence and analytics, e.g.
- By developing tracking mechanisms and dashboards to allow consistent and continuous status and target tracking;
- By assessing internal corporate engagement indicators to measure customer engagement and improve customer feedback and management experience;
- By generating insights derived from CDP’s corporate datasets and creating data visuals to communicate key messages to internal and external stakeholders;
- Identifying and generating technical process efficiencies across the team, using e.g. Excel, Macros and potentially software programming;
- Analysing the environmental data reported by the more than 600 European corporations (e.g. emission figures and zero deforestation targets) and developing creative and eye-catching data visualizations for use in public reports, policy leaflets, investor products etc;
- During the corporate reporting cycle (~March to August) supporting the disclosure and reporting needs of large European companies, i.e. with regards to basic technical service and support around CDP’s questionnaires and scoring methodologies;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BSc degree in fields like but not limited to business, data science, data analysis and visualization, computer science etc.
- 2-3 years of work experience in a comparable role
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and VBA/Macros
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following: Python, Sequel, Visual Basic, R Shiny
- Advanced knowledge of CRM systems, particularly MS Dynamics, is an advantage
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) is an advantage
- Creative problem-solving and “can-do” attitude coupled with attention to detail and a diligent working approach
- Enjoy working with people and large corporations for a good purpose, ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written), other European languages are an advantage (particularly French/German)
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the Corporate Operations team and related roles in other teams, and report to the Associate Director Corporate Operations.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents (motivation letter addressed to David Lammers, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest starting date) in English, as a single PDF and via email to email@example.com with “Corporate Operations Analyst – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.