Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: 12/12/2020
Earliest starting date: As soon as possible
Due to the continuous, strong growth of our organisation we are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join CDP Europe’s Finance & Administration team and to lead our talented Finance Team in Berlin.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9.640 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the over 920 cities, states and regions who disclosed in 2019, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the role:
Are you interested in using and developing your skills for a good cause in an exciting, international, mission-driven environment? In this role you will be the Team Lead of CDP Europe’s Finance team containing 4 members at present, looking for ways to apply your experience to ensure improving and developing all finance related processes. You are cooperative, autonomous and straightforward. You are thorough, have good adaptation and leadership skills as well as a proven aptitude for management and reporting. Your inter-personal skills enable you to inspire and motivate the team, who will benefit from your collaborative leadership style. If you want to truly have an impact and make your mark, this is an opportunity for you.
The role includes:
- Develop, lead and supervise the Finance Team comprising 3 highly skilled and motivated members at present
- Overall operational responsibility and supervision of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable incl. invoicing, payments, Intercompany Transactions incl. checking the financial transactions in CDP’s accounting system (DATEV)
- Supervision, preparation, transmitting of VAT returns and EC intra community sales lists (ZM) to authorities and Z4 Reports to the Federal Central Bank
- Grant and project related budget preparations and financial reporting towards grant proposals
- Monitor and manage cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Update, implement financial policies and procedures; improve, design and develop processes across the teams
- Support Director Finance & Administration, Europe, on reporting, budgeting and budget comparisons, management accounts and financial statements preparations, creation of additional reports, statistics, evaluations
- Point of contact for banks, vendors, auditors and tax advisor; interface to other financial areas and teams to deal with accounting issues
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Successfully completed business studies, commercial training with a focus on accounting or qualified by long-term experience
- Great leadership skills, proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire a team as well as work collaboratively across departmental functions
- 5+ years’ work experience in financial accounting
- Very good knowledge of DATEV (incl. reporting tools)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Very good command of spoken and written German and English
- Detail-oriented attitude, combined with a structured and analytical working style
- Convincing personality and ability to work both independently and as a team-player
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting
- Flexibility, hands-on mentality, strong problem-solving skills
- A high-level of self-motivation, ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure
What we offer:
- Exciting tasks in a dynamic, international, innovative and highly motivated team
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results)
- Company pension with Allianz
- 30 days annual holidays
- Individually tailored trainings
- Team events and Off-sites
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte)
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to Director Finance & Administration, Europe.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their application documents in German or English (motivation letter addressed to Anna Rychlewska, CV, references/certificates, salary expectations and earliest start date), as a single PDF file and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Team Lead Accounting – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply: We will only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.