Carnstone is a management consultancy specialising in sustainability. From our offices in London, Shanghai and São Paulo, we serve a global client base of big companies and international organisations like the UN. We are big enough to work as trusted advisors to blue chip companies across all sectors yet small enough to operate without too much bureaucracy and to pursue the challenges we find interesting. We have been in business for over 15 years, growing steadily and establishing a reputation for being good at what we do. Everything we do is bespoke, and that is reflected in how we think and work. Our employees are our biggest asset; we invest in them and they tend to stay with us for a long time. Those who do leave move on to do great things in a variety of industries.
Carnstone Partners is looking for a:
Junior Partner (consultant)
to join their growing management consultancy in Central London (Charing Cross).
With offices in London, Shanghai and São Paulo, we are 25 people strong and do innovative and worthwhile work, helping companies become more sustainable.
We offer a competitive salary, friendly and diverse colleagues, and an office-culture that prizes flexibility and creative thinking.
The job is at our ‘Junior Partner’ level. Usually fresh out of university or changing track from other industries, Junior Partners are the fastest learners at Carnstone. Their role is about providing accurate, high quality and reliable support to Partners and Senior Partners. JPs will be responsible for specific tasks, often behind the scenes, but in return, they have an amazing opportunity to acquire vast amounts of knowledge about sectors and topics in a short amount of time.
What we are looking for
- Someone interested in making a ‘dent in the universe’ and unafraid of challenging conventional wisdom;
- Curiosity and persistence in equal measures;
- Comfortable working in a commercial environment with big businesses across many sectors;
- An outgoing and confident personality, with the ability to communicate in all settings;
- Open-minded, real willingness to learn and to be challenged;
- Self-motivated and able to manage your own workload (plan, prioritise, etc.);
- A quick analytical mind, able to assimilate and process information quickly; and
- Empathy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding presentational skills – both written and in person;
- Good levels of numeracy and an ability to write clearly and concisely, changing your style as required for different readers;
- An undergraduate degree or higher in Science, Engineering, Economics or a related subject;
- Good listening and understanding skills, able to put themselves in the audience’s shoes and deliver output with thought; and
- Excellent command of IT and ability to use technical skills for maximum impact for clients.
We offer a competitive package consisting of:
- A central London HQ close to major commuting routes;
- 25 days a year paid annual leave plus paid time off on public holidays (pro-rated for part-time);
- 6 volunteering days a year to work with a charity of your choice;
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave arrangements that are well above the statutory minimums;
- Childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work scheme;
- Group personal pension scheme with 10% annual company pension contribution;
- Private medical insurance (executive cover);
- Life and critical illness insurance; and
- Income protection insurance.
Why work at Carnstone?
Our working environment is friendly and creative. We are flexible and smart (and modest, too). We aim for a culture where you can bring your whole self to work and act with authenticity all day long. And we do really great work which we love and which – ultimately – helps huge companies to be more sustainable.
We know that our employees are the most productive when they have a work-life balance that enables them to meet their responsibilities outside work. Through our flexible working arrangements, we support our team in making the most of their careers with us.
For more information about who we are, the work we do and our clients, please have a look around our website.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a covering letter to Lydia Elliott at email@example.com explaining why you want to put a bet on us – and why we should put a bet on you – by 27 July 2018.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on 7 and 8 August 2018 at our London office.
Interested in more jobs like this one? Sign up now for the tbd* UK newsletter!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.