Global NGO seeking for a Corporate Change Maker –
as Engagement Manager Forests, CDP Europe (m/f):
- Do you enjoy working for a good purpose?
- Do you consider engaging with Europe’s largest companies an impactful lever for change?
- Would you like to guide the globally most impactful corporates towards environmental leadership and best practice in their field?
CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) is a global independent not-for-profit organization with the mission to combat climate change, foster water stewardship and tackle deforestation. According to Harvard Business Review, CDP was “the most important environmental NGO you’ve never heard of” already in 2010. CDP works with market forces, including 827 institutional investors with assets of over €100 trillion and 100 corporate buyers such as BMW, Unilever, L’Oréal, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. Almost 6000 companies worldwide, of which 1800 in Europe, use the CDP platform each year to collaborate with these crucial stakeholders. As a result, these companies reduced greenhouse-gas-emissions by over 600 million tons just last year. We are looking for an
Engagement Manager of our Forests program in Europe (m/f)
In this role, you will familiarize yourself with our Forests program and how public disclosure of the world’s largest companies and their sourcing of palm oil, soy, cattle and tinder can help reduce deforestation. This is an exciting position at the crossroad of corporate work and the public good. You will work in close cooperation with corporates, investors and policy makers, and strengthen awareness, transparency and action against deforestation and forest degradation. Using CDPs unique practical approach to achieve a water secure climate friendly planet, you will together with the wider team accompany companies on their journey towards environmental leadership through reporting standards, scoring, reports, C-Level events, benchmarking and supply chain services. Within the CDP Europe Corporate Engagement Pillar, you will report to the Associate Director Sales and Business Development, and become part of a lively and dedicated team in Berlin.
- Drive effective corporate action in Europe to reduce deforestation
- Engage with large European companies – i.e. DAX and EuroStoxx50 companies like BMW, L’Oréal, Philips - to drive their environmental management, reporting, memberships and commitments, in particular with regards to deforestation
- Support companies in understanding their forest exposure through feedback and our benchmarking and supply chain programs, and actively market these programs as a means to environmental stewardship
- Act as lead expert on the Forests program in Europe, lead the corporate element of the forests program in Europe and support both the investor and policy team in educating and engaging with their stakeholders
- Lead the coordination between CDPs global forest team in London and CDP Europe
- Ensure visibility for Forest program in Europe i.e. by delivering the Forest-related content of CDP events and report supplements
- Develop generalist knowledge on strategic CDP corporate topics i.e. climate change and water and contribute to a holistic engagement approach in corporate team
- High motivation and drive and ability to work both as a self-starter and within a Europe-wide diverse team in a well-coordinated manner
- Open-minded, good-hearted spirit with a pragmatic approach to things
- Excellent communication and social skills, joy in interacting convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company internal challenges, with a special focus on deforestation
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities
- Qualifications and work experience
- Minimum BA/BSc degree
- 3-6 years work experience in a deforestation- and/or supply chain-related area desirable, ideally corporate, additional NGO experience as an advantage;
- Knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with forest risk commodities, deforestation in supply chains or commodity certification schemes highly desirable
- Fluent in English and either German or a Nordic language as a must, French or Spanish as a plus
- We offer a competitive NGO salary, an annual bonus, and 30 days of holiday.
- Work place is Berlin.
- You will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU.
How to Apply:
Please help us to get to know you better by completing the following form here. Please also send your applications documents (in English) as one PDF file to Carla Pritsch, Associate Director Sales and Business Development, email@example.com, T +49 (0)30 629 033 176 with the subject line “Application: Forests AM – First name Last name”.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday, the 5th of September, 2017.
Deforestation leads to some 15% of global GHG emissions. Join us in helping to protect the world’s forests and a thriving economy!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.