The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt promotes Responsible Leadership and inspires leaders worldwide to work towards a peaceful, just, and sustainable future. Through its programs, networks, and investments, it provides leaders with a platform to further develop their personal and professional responsibilities, enabling them to contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
The BMW Foundation Responsible Leaders Network connects some 2,000 Responsible Leaders in over 100 countries organized by region. To consolidate and expand the regional network in Europe and to strengthen the coordination and dynamic exchange within the vibrant Responsible Leaders communities in Europe, we are looking for a
Regional Network Organizer for our Network Organizers Europe team with a focus on the France-Belgium region working out of our office in Berlin and/or Munich.
Your tasks – What we are looking for
As part of the BMW Foundation’s Network Organizers Europe team, you represent the Foundation in our network and support us in implementing the strategy in the respective world region. The goal of the Network Organizers is to build and maintain a community of Responsible Leaders, partners, and other relevant stakeholders in the region.
- Regional expertise: You know the region, have accumulated broad and deep expertise, and ideally have an existing network (government, business, civil society, social innovation, stakeholders, media, etc.) that you want to continue to build together with us.
- Network/community building: You have a deep understanding and high degree of identification with the mission of the BMW Foundation and use them to build and expand the regional network.
- Systemic perspective: You adopt a systemic perspective and you build bridges or fill in gaps, where necessary, in order for the regional ecosystem to thrive and grow further.
- Network development: You support the development of the regional network by coordinating, together with the Network Organizers Europe team, the community’s activities through processes, programs, and interactions, and by forming and advancing partnerships. The Network Organizers in Europe collaborate closely and with an eye on the entire region, notwithstanding their own regional foci.
- Strategic planning and direction of regional network activities: You work in a fact-based manner, and you use content, data, and research results to advance, together with the team, the strategic direction of the regional activities.
- Budget responsibility and reporting: Together with the other members of the Network Organizers Europe team, you manage the budget and are responsible for the reporting for your region. Besides the joint sparring work, this also includes regular reports on decisions, solutions, and results.
Your profile – What you contribute
- You are an authentic and inspirational personality with strong communication and verbal skills and a hands-on mentality. You are self-reflective and open to new experiences and ways of thinking, and you have the necessary sensitivity when it comes to dealing with regional and cultural particularities.
- You have a relevant academic degree and several years’ (5–7 years minimum) international work experience. Ideally, you also have experience in the field of network/community building and you were able to build first networks in the France-Belgium region.
- You are happy to contribute your experiences in network/community building. You love people and organizations and building cross-sector connections. You work autonomously and independently. At the same time, you support the network and the partnerships within your region with lots of creativity, motivation, curiosity, and openness.
- You use your strategic project management skills in a target-oriented manner. You are able to break down complex issues and handle multiple deadlines and priorities without losing sight of the big picture.
- You are flexible and enjoy travel. You are willing to travel nationally and internationally and to spend longer working stays (sometimes up to several months) in your region in the short or medium term.
- You are well-versed with standard software applications (MS Office and Adobe) and are able to quickly familiarize yourself with new tools and project management systems (incl. Trello, Salesforce). You are fluent in French and English.
- You approach topics such as Equity, Diversity, Belonging and intercultural cooperation with curiosity, and you are willing to learn and develop together with us.
- You are comfortable in an international, dynamic environment and are fully committed to advancing, together with us, the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
Our offer – What you can expect
- A dynamic, international, and professional team that works towards a peaceful, just and sustainable future in keeping with the UN 2030 Agenda.
- An appreciative corporate culture, lots of responsibility, variety, and the opportunity for individualized personal and professional development.
- Flexible working hours, home office, and 30 vacation days/year.
- The possibility to co-create meaningful projects and a unique network.
- Onboarding at our locations in Berlin and Munich.
- A fixed-term, full-time contract with the intention of turning it into a permanent contract at the end of the 24-month contract period. (Please note that we will not be able to cover your relocation expenses.)
Are you interested?
If you are interested, please send your full application in English (letter of motivation, CV - no picture needed, and references) to Nadiya Raufi at email@example.com. Please also specify your salary expectations, your earliest possible starting date, and your preferred location (Berlin or Munich).
Responsible Leadership also means working towards equality. Therefore, the BMW Foundation explicitly welcomes applications from all individuals regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, and identity. Where qualifications are equal, preference will be given to people with severe disabilities.
Stay healthy and responsible: To protect against coronavirus, the selection process will take place party by video conference.
For more information about the Foundation and its activities, please visit: http://bmw-foundation.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.