The BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt promotes Responsible Leadership and inspires leaders worldwide to work towards a peaceful, just, and sustainable future. Through its leadership programs, it inspires leaders across communities, cultures, and countries, and connects them through its global Responsible Leaders Network that drives positive change.
We are looking for a
full-time employee in communications (f/m/d)
with a strong focus on design in one of our offices in Berlin or Munich at the earliest possible date.
Your tasks – What we are looking for
As new team member of our agile Comms team, you communicate the goals, work, and impact of the Foundation. These include the following:
- High-quality, self-organized content creation (design and copy) about the Foundation and our Responsible Leaders Network for multiple channels: reports, presentations, website, TwentyThirty, all social media channels and other publications.
- Managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), creating content across platforms. Evaluation and improving our social media communication.
- Consulting and supporting the Foundation’s team in communication matters (corporate design, copywriting).
- Cooperating with agencies, journalists and designers, and managing service providers and other freelancers from Germany and abroad.
- Participating in our leadership programs and events, especially providing on-site communication activities (e.g., leading video interviews, providing social media coverage).
- Contributing to holistic, cross-channel campaigns for our initiatives, activities, partnerships, and leadership programs.
Your profile – What you will contribute
- You are an authentic and inspirational personality with strong communication skills, eloquence, and hands-on mentality. You are self-reflective and open to new experiences and ways of thinking, and you have the necessary sensitivity when it comes to dealing with conflicts.
- You love working in an international, dynamic, and independent environment and fully committing yourself to advancing, together with us, the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN 2030 Agenda and its core messages (People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, Partnerships – “5Ps”).
- You have successfully completed your studies (M.A. or equivalent) in a relevant field (e.g., Communications, Design, Advertising).
- You have two to five years of professional experience in the field of (design, visual communication, or art direction, for example as a junior or mid-level art director in a communication agency.
- You are experienced with the following software and tools: Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator), Microsoft Office; desirable: Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- You are having a strong interest in leadership, social and environmental impact field and knowledge about the United Nations 2030 Agenda. Experience working in the philanthropy/non-profit sector is of advantage.
- You are self-organized and able to work autonomously in an agile environment, handling multiple projects with various deadlines and priorities.
- You are fluent in German and English with Intercultural skills to cooperate with partners, network members, and service providers from other regions/countries.
Our offer – What you can expect
- A dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team that works towards a peaceful, just, and sustainable future in keeping with the UN 2030 Agenda.
- An appreciative corporate culture, lots of responsibility, leeway, and variety, and the opportunity for individualized professional and personal development.
- The possibility to advance meaningful projects.
- Flexible working hours, home office, and 30 vacation days/year.
- A fixed-term, full-time contract with the intention of turning it into a permanent contract at the end of the 24-month contract period.
- Onboarding at our locations in Berlin and Munich.
- A unique workspace in the heart of either city: Berlin or Munich
Are you interested?
If you can see yourself in this role, please send your full application (letter of motivation, CV, link to portfolio) to Nadiya Raufi at email@example.com. Please also specify your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
Responsible Leadership also means working towards equality. Therefore, the BMW Foundation explicitly welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, nationality, racial or ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Where qualifications are equal, preference will be given to people with severe disabilities.
To protect against coronavirus, the selection process can also take place via video call. Please let us know your preference.
For more information about the Foundation and its activities, please visit our website at
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.