Beam is a social enterprise which crowdfunds employment training for homeless people.
As PR & Communications Manager, you’ll be critical to the vital task of growing our community of supporters as, together, we build a movement that will change thousands of lives.
This role is broad, strongly focused on PR but also encompassing communications, blogging and event management - among other things to get stuck into.
You’ll be confident telling the Beam story and mixing with everyone, from journalists and the media to our charity partners and most importantly, our amazing members.
This highly impactful role is based in Aldgate, East London and reports to the CEO.
- Planning and rolling up your sleeves to execute on high-visibility PR campaigns from scratch
- Bringing fresh PR ideas to the table in line with Beam's vision and core values and drafting top-class press releases
- Proactively spotting and making the most of PR opportunities - you'll brim with ideas and be the kind of person who takes joy in making them happen
- Developing the Beam blog - writing yourself and kickstarting our guest blogging
- Copywriting and feeding into email marketing strategy to our supporters and partners
- Ninja copywriting for our website and marketing materials
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Exceptional written and spoken articulacy
- Thrives under pressure and unfazed by fast-paced environments
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude and hustle
- Hard-working and an exceptional manager of your time
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and enjoy learning new tech
- 1-5 years quality professional experience, ideally in PR
- Passion to be a world-class PR professional in a startup
- Avid, skillful user of social media
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people who've experienced homelessness or other disadvantaged groups
- Startup experience or experience within an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience owning and executing highly successful PR campaigns
- Experience leading and measuring email marketing campaigns and with MailChimp
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who set ourselves high standards and love what we do. If you’re ready for a challenge, to learn fast and be part of some major innovation, click the 'Apply' button below to apply now!
Want to find out about more jobs like this one? Sign up for our UK Newsletter here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.