Beam crowdfunds employment training for homeless people, helping them to progress towards stable, paid work.
Beam seeks a
Member Manager (Paid internship)
As a Member Manager, you’re on the front-line of Beam, working closely with our amazing members to support them on their journey from the funding campaign and through training.
You’re deeply empathetic and emotionally mature, as well as happy working with the latest technologies and apps in a data-driven way.
You’re process-driven and fastidious as well as a creative problem-solver, able to iterate the Beam process to ensure we have the greatest possible positive impact on our members.
You’re serious about changing the lives of vulnerable people for the better through innovation and ready for the most rewarding work of your life.
The position is based in Old Street, London, and reports to the Operations Manager, Seb Barker.
- Working closely with our brilliant partner charities to further strengthen our partnerships
- Meeting referrals of members from our partner charities
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Working to KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam members
- Producing member campaigns using our proprietary in-house technology and assisting the member to write their “member story”
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- High level of written articulacy
- Professional or volunteer experience working with vulnerable individuals
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- No need to write code but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy and enjoy learning new tech
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London and far beyond
Compensation & Perks
- Paid 3 month internship
- Progression to full-time role with strong performance with a highly competitive for social enterprises and "tech for good" package (our previous intern joined us full-time following the completion of her internship)
- Full-time roles will also entitle the candidate to EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- Stunning office in the heart of Silicon Roundabout and WeWork community benefits (eg free yoga, discounts and events)
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who set ourselves high standards and love what we do. If you’re ready for a challenge, to learn fast and drive some major innovation, email your CV and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com along with a covering email explaining:
- what you think amazing "member management" looks like
- how you'd measure your impact at Beam
- what excites you about Beam, and
- where you saw this opportunity
No agencies, please.
Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the tbd* weekly UK newsletter here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.