Accountable Now is looking for an intern to join our young, international and dynamic team for 6 months. You will gain in-depth insights in the fields of fundraising and communication in International Civil Society Organisations by following the everyday work of the team. You will learn how to use social media in a strategic way, how to approach donors, how to use appealing communication formats to attract external audiences, and more!
What will your main tasks include?
- Supporting the fundraising activities of the organisation, including donor research, organisation of meetings and calls, and preparing proposals;
- Researching background information on relevant topics for the civil society sector particularly on accountability, governance and safeguarding but also on thematic aspects such as community engagement, inequality, and climate change.
- Planning and preparing posts for our social media channels, selecting or creating accompanying images, monitoring and updating our website and social media networks;
- Providing support in designing online campaigns and researching communication channels for dissemination of resources and materials related to our work.
As an intern, you will mainly work with the Communications Coordinator and the Executive Director, but you will also have opportunities to get to know other areas of our work.
What do we require from you?
- Enrolment in an ongoing study programme (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”)
- Ideally, your programme requires a compulsory internship (“Pflichtpraktikum”)
- Studies in a relevant field, such as Communications/Marketing or Political Science/International Relations
- Interest in the civil society sector and familiarity with key concepts in the sector.
- Very good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with design programmes (Photoshop, InDesign, Canva) is an asset.
- Experience with developing a variety of communications content for social media, websites, blogs or newsletters.
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of working with a strong attention to detail
- A team player with resourceful skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; Other languages are an asset.
- Proactively research and prepare for a visa or residency permit application in Germany, if needed
Please find the full position description here.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Unfortunately, only successful applicants can be contacted. Please do NOT include photos in your application. Any applications received with a photo will, unfortunately, have to be discarded.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.