Global NGO looking for a Corporate Sustainability Enthusiast - as
Account & Sales Manager CDP Supply Chain Program, Europe (m/f)
- Do you enjoy working for a good purpose?
- Do you consider engaging with Europe’s largest companies an impactful lever for change?
- Would you be proud to have influenced billions of procurement dollars into an environmentally friendly direction?
CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) is a global independent not-for-profit organization, with the mission to combat climate change. According to Harvard Business Review, CDP is “the most important environmental NGO you’ve never heard of” (2010). CDP works with market forces, including 803 institutional investors with assets of over €100 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. More than 5,800 companies worldwide, more than 1,800 of which are in Europe, disclosed environmental information through CDP in 2016. In our Supply Chain program 100 organizations engage over 8,000 suppliers and leverage their US$3 trillion of procurement spend to reduce climate change, water waste, and deforestation from their supply chains. www.cdp.net
In your role as Account & Sales Manager CDP Supply Chain Europe (m/f), you will familiarize yourself with our Supply Chain program and associated key components, which bring vital environmental considerations into the heart of large investment and purchasing decisions. Through supporting our Supply Chain program, you will help to accelerate our mission and bring change to the world’s largest purchasing organizations and their complex supply chains. In this role, you will work closely with your own accounts – using your expertise, enthusiasm and endurance – on their strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and removing deforestation from their supply chains. You will work in coordination with the Associate Director Sales and Business Development, and will become part of a lively and dedicated team in Berlin.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Engage with large European companies – i.e. DAX and EuroStoxx50 companies like BMW, L’Oréal, Philips – in advancing their sustainable supply chain strategies, in particular with regards to climate change, water and deforestation;
- Support member companies throughout CDP’s annual reporting cycle to get the most out of their suppliers’ data and actions;
- Grow the program in Europe by developing sales leads, building relationships and engaging new member companies;
- Contribute to the wider strategic and operational development of the CDP supply chain program;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing CDP’s supply chain work as a subject matter expert;
- Active collaboration with other CDP teams regionally and globally to engage efficiently and in an organized manner with stakeholders; and
- Support the CDP Europe Team and the global Supply Chain team in the strategic development of the Supply Chain program and creative direction of our overall engagement work with companies.
Required skills: You will have
- A passion for working with people and large corporations for a good purpose;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Enthusiasm for working with climate change data;
- Experience in either supply chain management or account management or business development highly desirable, ideally a combination;
- Experience in climate change and sustainability, with a special focus on GHG emissions and / or water / forest as a plus;
- Willingness to travel occasionally across continental Europe;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Fluent in English and either German or Spanish as a must, French, Italian or Nordic languages also a plus; and
- Good IT knowledge, such as MS Excel, PowerPoint, CRM etc.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree;
- 3-6 years’ work experience, ideally corporate, additional NGO experience as an advantage;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company internal challenges;
- Knowledge of the basic supply chain process, or ability to learn quickly; and
- Familiarity with GHG inventories is an advantage.
Benefits: The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. We offer a competitive NGO salary, an annual bonus, and 30 days of holiday. The work place is Berlin.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please complete the following form.
Please send your application documents in English, including your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Your application documents should be sent as one PDF file to Carla Pritsch, Associate Director Sales and Business Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)30 629 033 176, with the subject line: “Application: AM Supply Chain – First name Last name”.
Closing date for applications is Monday, August 21st, 2017
Exciting times lie ahead. We look forward to meeting you!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.