Global NGO looking for a Corporate Sustainability Enthusiast - as
Account & Sales Manager CDP Reporter Services, Europe (m/f)
- Do you enjoy working for a good purpose?
- Do you consider engaging with Europe’s largest companies an impactful lever for change?
- Would you like to guide the globally most impactful corporates towards environmental leadership and best practice in their field?
CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) is a global independent not-for-profit organization, with the mission to combat climate change. According to Harvard Business Review, CDP is “the most important environmental NGO you’ve never heard of” (2010). CDP works with market forces, including 803 institutional investors with assets of over €100 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. More than 5,800 companies worldwide, more than 1,800 of which are in Europe, disclosed environmental information through CDP in 2016. The Reporter Services staff works closely with 170+ companies to support them in taking action to combat climate change, water waste, and deforestation practices. www.cdp.net
In your role as Account & Sales Manager CDP Reporter Services Europe (m/f), you will familiarize yourself with our Reporter Services program and the associated key components, which support the world’s largest companies in their CDP disclosure. You will work in close cooperation with your members and support them throughout the entire disclosure phase. You will accompany your members on their way towards environmental leadership by providing them with targeted data analyses and expertise in environmental stewardship. With our Reporter Services program, you will help to accelerate our mission and to motivate global multinationals to ensure environmental action is at the heart of their business decisions. In this role, you will work closely with your own accounts – using your expertise, enthusiasm and endurance – on their strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship, and removing deforestation from direct corporate business practices. You will work in coordination with the Associate Director Sales and Business Development, and will become part of a lively and dedicated team in Berlin.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- In this role you will split your time between delivering existing European Reporter Services members benefits and being responsible for securing their renewal income, and developing and launching new products and services;
- This is a full-time position, based on achieving KPIs for members’ progress against the program and mission objectives and also by achieving specific renewal income targets. The role is also expected to secure new business in the future;
- Support program members in advancing their sustainability strategies;
- Serve needs of existing accounts through CDP’s annual reporting cycle with disclosure support, score feedback, gap analysis and final review;
- Support members to utilize the data reported through CDP for benchmarking, including alignment with their wider sustainability strategy and own CDP reporting, and their external and internal communication;
- Engage with European companies and have a good understanding of their practices;
- Develop leads and convert them into CDP Reporter Services members;
- Contribute to the regional teams by integrating the Reporter Services work of regional members;
- Contribute to the wider development and strategy of the CDP Reporter Services program;
- Public speaking at events and conferences representing CDP’s Reporter Services work as a subject matter expert;
- Development of marketing materials, case studies and testimonials; and
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage efficiently and in an organized manner with stakeholders.
Required skills: You will have
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Experience in account management and/or business development highly desirable, ideally a combination;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Experience in climate change and sustainability, with a special focus on GHG emissions and / or water / forests as a plus;
- Excellent planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Familiarity with CRM tools a plus, alternatively ability to master new systems quickly; and
- Fluent in English and either German or Spanish as a must, French, Italian or Nordic languages also a plus.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree;
- 3-6 years’ work experience, ideally corporate, additional NGO experience is an advantage;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company internal challenges;
- Knowledge of client relationship management system and data analysis programs desirable, or ability to learn quickly; and
- Familiarity with GHG inventories is an advantage.
Benefits: The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. We offer a competitive NGO salary, an annual bonus, and 30 days of holiday. The work place is Berlin.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please complete the following form.
Please send your application documents in English, including your salary expectation and earliest starting date. Your application documents should be sent as one PDF file to Carla Pritsch, Associate Director Sales and Business Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)30 629 033 176, with the subject line: “Application: AM Reporter Services – First name Last name”.
Closing date for applications is Monday, August 21st, 2017
Exciting times lie ahead. We look forward to meeting you!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.