Challenge Partners is a practitioner-led charity that enables collaboration between over 500 schools to enhance the life chances of all children, especially the most disadvantaged. We provide networks and programmes that facilitate sustainable collaboration and challenge between schools in order to underpin improvements in educational outcomes which would not be possible for a school, or group of schools, to achieve as effectively or efficiently on its own.
The education landscape is changing rapidly, and Challenge Partners needs to respond to this change. We intend to do this through the development, piloting and rolling out of new programmes for our membership, which enhance the value of the current network, and ensure that we respond to changing school needs. This role will play a key part in ensuring that we deliver high value, high impact programmes to all our schools, as we look to double in size in the next 3 years.
The successful candidate will work closely with headteachers and other senior leaders as well as the Challenge Partners central staff team to ensure that all members of Challenge Partners are engaged locally and nationally with all aspects that Challenge Partners offers. The Memberships Manager works closely with the Senior Partners (executive headteachers, headteachers and Multi-Academy Trust CEOs) and local area Hub Managers (usually deputy headteachers and/or Teaching School Directors) to ensure they are clear on and deliver on their roles and responsibilities.
The Memberships Manager will work with the local area Hub Managers to make sure every member school is engaged in their local hub and takes advantage of what Challenge Partners has to offer. Through the Memberships Manager’s efforts we will see a high membership renewal rate among our existing members, good engagement rates in local and national activity and also growth in our membership nationally.
The position requires a self-motivated, responsible and highly organised individual with outstanding written and oral communication skills. You will have excellent relationship management skills and will work as part of a growing team. The successful candidate will have experience of communications, marketing, account management, business development and/or relationship management within the education sector or similar.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 p.a. dependent on experience. This is a full-time, office-based role with some travel nationally.
The duties and responsibilities of the Memberships Manager will include:
Recruitment and induction of members: you will support existing local hubs to grow their membership, and follow leads to bring on new local hubs. Once new members are on board, you will support their induction to the local and national membership offer
Relationship management: you will provide ongoing support to individual schools as well as a number of local area Hub Managers to ensure that every school within the hub is engaged in the local and national offer. You will undertake ad hoc and scheduled phone calls, hub visits, regular surveying and trouble-shooting at local and national level.
Communications and marketing: you will prepare regular and relevant high quality communications to our members e.g. weekly newsletter, engagement emails, renewals, induction and engagement information. You will be involved in identifying, capturing and disseminating examples of practice, case studies, areas of excellence through various channels including supporting the organisation of events and conferences locally and nationally.
Data management: accurate and timely record-keeping on our CRM system is essential to this role. You will use the data to inform your strategy for each Hub you support and to flag up concerns, areas of good engagement and more.
Teamwork: you will work with colleagues across the Challenge Partners Central Team to ensure our members’ quality of experience, and to aid schools’ understanding and use of the support and programmes available to them.
Specific skills and attitudes: Challenge Partners is a growing organisation and seeks an ambitious and driven individual able to develop with the role, and take on increasing responsibility. Specific skills and attitudes we are looking for in an applicant are as follows:
- Proven track-record of excellent relationship/account management, business development within the education sector or similar
- A passion for education with a desire to make a difference
- Excellent computer literacy, with experience of CRM systems; Microsoft Office and Google packages, including Excel and Google Drive; Mail Chimp; mail merging tools and more
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build rapport, express yourself concisely and appropriately with individuals at varied levels of seniority
- A willingness to learn, and give and receive feedback
- An ability to take initiative, identify and provide solutions and improvements
- Outstanding attention to detail and pride in your work
Personal characteristics: our team is very important to us, and we are looking for someone who shares our key values:
- Pursuit of excellence
- Challenge Partners family
- Trust and transparency
- Creative freedom
Benefits of working for Challenge Partners
- 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus 8 additional days of bank holiday
- An employer contributed pension - we match up to 5% of your own contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Central London office location at Waterloo, minutes’ walk from the Southbank, with views over London. It is a spacious and friendly office environment, shared with another educational social enterprise
- A supportive and friendly team
- A chance to make a real difference to educational outcomes
- The opportunity to progress and develop skills in a growing team
If you would like to be part of our team, please send your CV and covering letter to Penny Rabiger, firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Membership, describing your suitability for the role.
Please note that applications without cover letters that relate to the specific role will not be considered.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.