2degrees is an Oxford based technology business, working with some of the world’s biggest businesses, to massively reduce the environmental impacts of manufacturing.
We’re looking for a confident, customer focused, sales professional to join our team, and help quickly to bring one of our new software products to market.
We have a new and exciting role open
Technical Sales Exec
with interviews happening immediately.
If you’re looking for a role where you can grow your own skills; play a really active part in developing the business’ capabilities; build experience working with some super clients; all while making the world a better place; then this opportunity is for you.
- Location: Oxford, UK
- Remuneration: £ 23- 27 k + commission, depending on experience.
- Reporting to: Operations Director
- Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org (CV and cover letter)
- Closing Date: Position will be filled as soon a suitable candidate is identified
1.1 Main responsibilities:
Your main focus will be moving leads through our sales pipeline, picking up where leads are generated, and taking them through to sold clients.
To do this, you’ll be identifying the right stakeholders, understanding their needs and how our product helps, running product demos and trials, and closing with senior decision makers.
You’ll be working in a small team, and as such will be involved and help to improve many stages of the sales cycle and customer offer.
1. Work with our marketing team to help focus new marketing and lead generation activity, based on your growing understanding of our customers.
2. Be responsible for qualifying incoming leads by:
- Identifying their needs & business requirements, and working out if and how our product aligns to help solve those needs.
- Identifying and map stakeholders key to the sales process – then finding and contacting those stakeholders where needed.
- Understanding the decision - makingprocess required for a sale.
3. Educate the market: Demo the product to prospective clients – with a focus on how it’ll help them.
- Offer product trials to qualified leads, and monitor the trials, interacting where needed.
4. Close sales by:
- Following up on successful product trials.
- Agreeing and executing close plans with decision makers.
- Securing agreement and invoicing.
5. Help new clients implement and roll-out the product within their organisation. Aftercare support.
1.2 Essential skills:
- >1 year of business-to-business sales experience: Proven ability to identify and close potential sales opportunities, including objection handling.
- Great communication skills: including on telephone, email and in- person.
- Excellent listening skills: allowing you to take a consultative approach to really understand their needs.
- Ability to learn, simplify, and pitch products to Senior Professionals.
- Self-starter, happy working in a small business: comfortable taking responsibility to solve problems and make things better.
- Resilient personality, determined to succeed: can learn from rejections and stay positive.
- Confident and focused: a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Good computer skills: including Office software and experience using a CRM.
1.3 Desirable skills:
- Experience selling software and/or SaaS products.
- Experience in the manufacturing, energy, and/ or sustainability sector.
- Experience contacting & converting prospects from channels like LinkedIn.
- Background in new business development and/or account management.
- Fluent in other languages.
You’ll get a lot of opportunity to build your skills, growing and improving the sales process of a growing business.
Become part of a close - knit team, we’re an informal and friendly office. A good work life balance, standard Mon - Fri office hours of 9 - 5:30. (including fruit on Mondays and beer on Friday)
Turn up to work knowing the product you’ re selling is helping to save the world, by ensuring manufacturing businesses are using less resources and cutting pollution, all while saving money.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter clearly stating why you are suitable for & interested in the role to email@example.com
2degrees is currently only able to consider applications from those with a permanent right to work in the UK (i.e. this excludes those who have valid work visas). 2degrees is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.
Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the tbd* weekly UK newsletter here.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.