Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
The corona pandemic placed a heavy burden on developing countries, especially regarding women’s rights. The crisis has challenged social and economic development for the months and years to come. In response, the #SmartDevelopmentFund was launched by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the European Commission (EC). In Spring 2020 the #SmartDevelopmentHack called for innovative digital solutions to tackle the challenges caused by the coronavirus outbreak in low- and middle-income countries. Under the patronage of the BMZ together with “Team Europe” partners from the EC, other EU member states, tech companies and civil society, nine winning projects were selected and are currently scaling their innovations around the world.
During your internship, you will have the following tasks, among others:
- Support the implementation and coordination of the winning projects of the #SmartDevelopmentFund
- Assist the organization of the #SmartDevelopmentDay taking place on March 8th, 2023
- Design of communication materials (factsheets, power point slides, project articles)
- Support with internal workshops and international conferences
- Research background information, supporting the processes of the #SmartDevelopmentFund
- Assist the project’s knowledge management, e.g. identifying and documenting good organizational practices
- Take over tasks in day-to-day business and support of administrative processes
- From at least the fourth semester onwards, you will study in a field related to digitalisation, business administration, communication, social sciences or any other subject relevant to the topic of the internship
- You gained initial experiences in the field of development cooperation and are highly interested in the promotion of digitalisation in developing countries
- You gained first experiences in organising events and virtual meetings
- Your strengths include quick comprehension, very good analytical & communication skills, innovative thinking, intercultural sensitivity and team spirit
- You possess very good organizational skills, are used to working independently and take personal ownership over tasks and assignments
- You are highly familiar with Microsoft 365 applications (PowerPoint, Excel and Sharepoint/Teams) and enjoy preparing communication materials, advanced IT and communication skills are an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and good German; other spoken and written language skills are an asset
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €2.064,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Ms Hernádez (Mail: email@example.com).
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.