Change.org is looking for a Global Marketing Specialist (Email) to help run an effective engagement program in Germany. In this exciting role, you will proactively spot opportunities and create new ones for sending the most relevant and personalised content possible - to help our users have the highest impact. A high-level of hands-on experience with large data sets and data-led decision making will be crucial to this role's success.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 100MM monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, and 150 staff. We’re growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change once every hour. Dozens of local, national, and international victories are happening every day thanks to the strength of our members who are changing the lives of people around the world. We want to help them go even further and we need your help!
As a Global Marketing Specialist (Email), you will:
- Manage the daily content schedule for our email program in Germany, spotting, building, scheduling and analysing all sends.
- Pursue audience cultivation and user growth while delicately weighing the user experience and revenue growth.
- Use your storytelling and copywriting skills to create marketing content for our users, ensuring consistency in standards and brand.
- Track progress to goals and report out and communicate regularly with the team about results, insights, and learnings, using a suite of tracking tools.
- Partner with our campaigns team to give marketing expertise, helping them build momentum through effective and creative lifecycle activations
- Review algorithm-recommended petitions for specific audiences, ensuring they adhere to our brand quality standards.
- Propose, execute, and report (with support) on experiments and analyze complex email metric data sets.
- Be on top of compelling issues and news stories across the markets you cover to
always deliver the most relevant content to your users at speed.
- Collaborate with our Product team to help shape the future of our marketing technology tools as we move towards more automation and personalisation.
Talent, enthusiasm, and leadership matter more to us than ticking boxes. If even a couple of the criteria on our wishlist below speak to you and you’re excited about this role, we want to hear from you.
Core competencies needed to be successful in the role:
- You understand industry best practices for email list management and proactively make suggestions on ways the team can achieve its email goals.
- You're able (and excited by the opportunity!) to write content that drives action and brand affinity. You look for opportunities to tell stories on a variety of issues.
- You have excellent writing and oral skills in both German and English. A native level German and business level English is required to be successful in this role.
- You are comfortable working with spreadsheets and adept at using both qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate program success and make recommendations to improve performance across audiences and content themes.
- Outside of your deep email expertise - you have some experience in other channels such as social media or SMS, which you’re able to then contribute to new and developing team tactics and tools.
- You have a can-do, positive attitude, are self-motivated, keen to learn, and willing to take risks, to fail, and to adapt.
- You are low-ego, with a strong sense of fun and give-and-take, and the ability to work in a low-structure team environment. You're driven by results, and you're always curious about how to improve your work.
- You have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people to win campaigns on what is important to them.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a permanent contract that can be remote and based anywhere in Germany.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labour in each city. The salary for this role is 55,000 EUR in Berlin and 50,000 EUR everywhere else in Germany.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us!
Click on the APPLY NOW Button further down and send in your application.
(If the Pop-Up Window doesn’t open automatically, make a right click and copy the Mail or application link into a new window.)
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.