Explore our latest collaboration with Elke from @ STILL garments – a tour and hands-on workshop in one afternoon!
Have you heard of slow fashion, maybe wondered what's that all about? Together, let's discover the revolutionary idea behind this movement and how we can embrace it in life and in our wardrobes! Recharged with new input and inspiration we'll then discover which plants from everyday life and urban environments could be used for dyeing and how the natural dyeing processes work.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We'll start by visiting three very different locations – a concept store for fair and sustainable fashion, a studio-store focusing on ancient textile crafts and Berlin's first store for certified eco-fabrics.
From there we'll move on to @ STILL garments studio to get our hands dirty! You'll have a focused introduction to dyeing textiles with plants and vegetables, and learn the basics of which fabrics and plants you can use, where to find and how to prepare them. At the end of the workshop each participant will receive documents to take home, and a set of fabric samples with all necessary details to remember what exactly happened with all the steaming pots and dye plants...
Can't wait to get started? Then sign up now!
- New knowledge and inspiration on slow fashion and sustainable practices, unique insights and the opportunity to talk to store owners/makers that are experts in their field.
- A lovely day with like-minded people and an expert guide telling you everything what you wanted to know about slow fashion and natural dyes*The incredible opportunity to learn a new (yet ancient) craft, with all materials included, as well as a nice cup of tea or coffee during our hands-on workshop!
- A set of dyed fabric samples and info-sheets gathering the know-how and facts you will experience during the workshop
- Start: 12am //
- End: We'll finish around 4pm at @ STILL garments' studio
- Meeting Point: Greifswalder Straße/Hufelandstraße, at the street corner in front of the bookstore Buchbox.
- Closest station: M4 Hufelandstraße
Tour and workshop will be in English and/or German, depending on participants.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
- you can book your spot via Eventbrite or via email to email@example.com
- Price: € 59,- per person
- Please help us planning and RSVP until the 21st march
- Spots are limited to 9 people. Decide soon & don´t miss the chance to join this exciting collaboration.