Traditional weaving techniques, innovative experimental technologies, local productions, hand-made hats and accessories, hand-woven textiles. All this and much more you will experience during our Handcrafts and Local Manufactories Tour & Workshop!
Touring around Prenzlauer Berg and Wedding you will have the chance to get to know these neighbourhoods under the particular perspective of local handicraft labs. Meet the unique individuals behind them and ask all your questions about their products, their professions and their incredible know-how.
At the end of the tour we come to practice! During the 1,5 hours handloom workshop you will learn the basics of this technique lead by the expert weaver Dagmar Rehse. She will guide you through all the processes and help you making your first hand loomed product with a loom frame!
Join Dagmar in this exclusive exploration of Berlin manufactury traditions and innovations and try out hand weaving techniques in her atelier!
The participation to this tour is limited to 12 people.
- Start: 16:30
- End: 20:00
- Meeting Point: tbc
- Closest station: tbc
- Language: English & German
- The tour will be by public transport.
WHAT’s INCLUDED in the TICKET?
- 2 h guidance through 3 different ateliers and workshops, the exclusive access to their designers and to handicraft experts
- A 1,5 h handloom workshop at the Atelier handgewebt in Berlin
- A hand weaved product made by yourself during the practical workshop
- New ideas, inspiration and the chance to get to know Berlin under a new perspective
HOW TO SIGN UP?
- you can book your spot via email to email@example.com or via Eventbrite
- Please help us planning and book within January 24th
- We can only take a limited number of people, so don't risk to lose this chance and book your spot soon!
ABOUT OUR EXPERT DAGMAR:
Dagmar Rehse is a weaver, social pedagogue and political scientist for development. She is also an expert in sustainable textile production. She is referent for lectures on different topics for Femnet e.V.. She is the founder of “handgewebt in berlin”, a textile label for which she designs and produces beautiful and unique hand loomed textiles and home accessories.
GOT ANY QUESTIONS?
Just send us a private message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**P.S. It is in the responsibility of participants to be adequately insured, we herewith decline any legal liability**