This lecture, hosted by the Richmond Park Conservative Association, deals with the food waste problem.
Your health, your world and your future ... your chance to listen to the issues and contribute to this crucial debate for the next generation!
The event will be chaired by Baroness Jenkin of Kennington, a member of the House of Lords since 2011, is Vice Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Food Waste, and is Trustee to Feeding Britain, a charity set up to help people in poverty.
The event will be opened by Professor Paul O’Prey Vice Chancellor University of Roehampton.
On the panel will be:
- James Cracknell, OBE, Double Olympic Gold Medalist and spokesman on Obesity Health and Fitness
- Professor Tim Spector, Professor of Genetic Epidemiology, Kings College London and Fellowship of the Academy of Medical Sciences and Author of The Diet Myth and Identically Different
- Zac Goldsmith, previously MP Richmond Park, Environmental Campaigner
- Dr Tania Mathias, MP Twickenham
- Dr Simon Chapman BA BM FRCPCH Consultant Paediatrician Obesity Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
- Dr Sue Reeves, University of Roehampton Principal Lecturer in Nutrition, Health Sciences, Dept of Life Sciences
- Amanda Curtis, Senior Plan A Environment Manager, Marks & Spencer Plc
- Linda Cregan, CEO Childrens Food Trust CEO
- Laura Mason, Feeding Britain Co Trustee and Office of John Glen MP Salisbury
- Laura Winningham, CEO, City Harvest London, Giving Food Another Life
The panel members will each talk about their work for about 5-10 mins each followed by half an hour of questions from the audience.
This event is free of charge. Please register here.