Upcycling designers & fair traders, circularity scientists & open source pioneers, anti-food waste guerillas & zero waste cooking and so much more
After four unforgettable Circular Economy Tour & Dinner sessions, we’re excited to announce round no. 5 - the final round for 2017 and before the winter break! This time, we’ll take you off the beaten track through the quaint wintery (maybe even snowy) streets in Schöneberg.
Are you curious what a world with no waste, less overproduction and more human connection could look like? How can we make best use of the resources on our beautiful planet, while still having fun and fully enjoying life?
We help you find the answers: Join Ari from the Green Fashion Tours and Claudi from GreenMe Berlin for this exciting tour and learn about the abundant options for a circular economy! Come with us to meet the creative changemakers in Schöneberg and look behind the scenes of their amazing work.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE TOUR
Together, we’ll knock on the doors of passionate jewelry fair traders, pioneering circularity researchers, upcycling heroes and passionate food-savers. We visit their workshops, homes, ateliers & laboratories and get a glimpse into their amazing projects.
As always, at the end of our route, we’ll give you more “food for thought” while enjoying a delicious zero waste dinner cooked up by Zed from Moksa!
Sounds exciting? Then check out the details and sign up now!
- Start: 17h30 (Berlin time)
- End: We arrive at our last stop at 19h45 and then have dinner together
- Meeting Point: Fair Traders, Dickhardtstraße 60, 12159 Berlin
- Closest station: S Friedenau, U Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz
- Languages: English (can translate into German, Italian or broken French)
- Guidance, intro to 5 different projects and exclusive access to the experts and creators of the circular economy movement in Schöneberg
- A delicious shared zero waste dinner
- New ideas & inspiration about different aspects of circularity and sustainable solutions
- Lots of other tips about changemaking projects in Berlin and beyond
- *The chance to connect with positive, like-minded people who care about the future
HOW TO SIGN UP?
- you can book your spot via Eventbrite, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
- Price: 39 euros per person
- Students: 35 euros per person
- Please help us planning and RSVP until the 7th November
- Spots are limited to 15 people. Decide soon & don´t miss the chance!
Schöneberg has always been an area of counter-culture. In the 80’s, legends like Iggy Pop and David Bowie lived in run-down houses around Nollendorfplatz, which is still home to Berlin’s colorful gay scene. In contrast, the streets around Akazienstraße to Viktoriaplatz are lined with quaint cafés, boutiques and stunning 19th century townhouses - which is mainly where we move :)
The meal we serve will be vegetarian, but we can do vegan options. Please let us know in advance / when you book.
We explore the area mainly by foot - so wear comfy shoes and leave the high heels at home ;) You will need a valid BVG ticket to travel faster and maximize our time with our changemakers.
Even though we always have sunshine in our hearts, it is winter and we are in Berlin, so please dress appropriately. We’ll do the tour regardless of weather conditions.
You may want to bring some water for the first part of the tour to stay hydrated. At our final stop, you can fill up or buy other refreshments.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS:
The Green Fashion Tours Berlin offers unique guided urban excursions exploring the most interesting sustainable fashion and upcycling spots in town. Through our tours you get the unique chance to have a look behind the scenes of the local sustainable fashion scene and to get inspired directly by innovative designers and unconventional store managers.
GreenMe Berlin is your guide to go green in Berlin’s urban jungle. Brought to you by passionate life enthusiasts who wants to inspire you to try something new and discover the city from a new, exciting, sustainable angle. Showing you the best spots, coolest trends & creative stories around Berlin's creative eco-lifestyle scene.
GOT ANY QUESTIONS?
We’re happy to answer them! Just send us a message on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t wait to see you & explore how a sustainable future could look like!
Ari & Claudi
**P.S. It is in the responsibility of participants to be adequately insured, we herewith decline any legal liability**