Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
For our operations in Trang Bom/Vietnam, we are looking for an
Development Worker (m/f/d) as Digital Ambassador in the Programme Reform of Technical Vocational Education and Training
Assignment period: 06/01/2023 - 06/30/2024
Field of activity
The Vocational College of Machinery Irrigation (VCMI) adapts digital transformation (DX) activities to develop a more flexible, open and adaptive training system and efficient management to meet requirements of the changing world of work. There are eight key components of DX at VCMI including: updates of training contents, teaching and learning methods, digital teachers and students, digital infrastructure/platform and learning resources, digital management and administration, regulatory framework, cyber security, and data connection. GIZ has provided VCMI with DX supported activities for strategic and policy advice, personnel capacity training, and the development of digital solutions. The Digital Ambassador is based at VCMI and allocates 70% of his/her workload to support the college and shares 30% for other GIZ’s partner Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges and GIZ programmes.
- Support TVET institutes’ management in developing strategies, action plans and regulatory frameworks of DX
- Support TVET institutes in developing e-learning systems, digital platforms, cloud services, digital teaching and learning materials, and other modern learning/teaching technologies
- Provide multipliers at TVET institutes with training courses in digital literacy and e-pedagogies from basic to advanced levels
- Support TVET institutes in the integration of requirements of Industry 4.0 and DX in training programmes, and strengthening their cooperation with the business sector
- Support PR and communications staff in TVET institutes in the development and application of easily accessible digital information channels
- Support other GIZ programmes in Viet Nam in their advice to partners concerning DX
- University degree or professional qualification related to IT and education (IT engineering, information system, data, TVET, or similar)
- Proven knowledge and experience of DX in the TVET or education sector, sound understanding of IT/ICT projects, and be well familiar with e-learning systems and platforms like Moodle, BBB, Atingi etc
- Experience in delivering capacity development training activities, and promoting digital literacy and consulting approaches in the field of DX
- Experience abroad in the field of development/ international cooperation, ideally in Asia and experience in working in intercultural contexts
- Sensitivity towards, or experience with, approaches to gender equality and inclusion of people with disabilities
- Strong teamwork and networking skills, communication, presentation and facilitation skills, and a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Fluency in English, Fluency in Vietnamese and German are an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 03/24/2023.
For further information:
You can find the full job advertisement and further detailed information in our job market on the GIZ job and career pages at www.giz.de, Job-ID V000053987.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.