A new campaign has been launched with the aim of helping young adults between the age of 18-30 to turn their innovative ideas into a reality. In partnership with Innovate UK, the Prince's Trust are offering support in the form of access to mentors, online tools and even funding to those selected to join the programme.
Applications are now open to anyone hoping to fix everyday problems, make changes in their community or tackle environmental issues.
The programme of support will involve:
- 12 Regional Innovation live events across the UK in early January 2018
- Award competition opening in February 2018
- Award package being presented in March 2018
The award package will include:
- An allowance to cover living costs (similar to an apprenticeship)
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring from an Innovation Champion
- A pot of funding to support specific requirements, e.g. travel to meet customers/partners, attending relevant training courses, equipment, hiring office space and IT support
You can find out more about the programme and how to take the first step to apply here.
Interested in reading more content like this? Sign up for our weekly UK newsletter here.
Originally published December 20, 2017