Climate Endowment (https://climate-endowment.com/) is a Berlin based asset management business, looking to bring capital in scale to invest in carbon reducing infrastructure. Climate Endowment was founded in 2019 by a team of experienced international investment professionals with the ambition to take the expertise from the capital markets and asset management and bring attractive and sustainable returns in assets to combat climate change.
Climate Endowment overall pursues an endowment investment strategy, investing across all asset classes with a focus on alternative, illiquid assets to achieve the best risk-adjusted, long-term returns. Next to financial returns, all investments are selected, evaluated, benchmarked and monitored against our impact target of reducing the equivalent of Germany’s yearly CO₂ emissions.
We are looking for an Impact Officer to help establish and evaluate ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) criteria for sustainable forestry projects, one of our key strategies.
Location: Munich, Berlin, or remotely from anywhere in the world
Your responsibilities will be…
- Climate impact & UN Social Development Goals impact metric evaluation and investment monitoring with focus on forestry investments
- Preparation of unique impact policy criteria for a forestry fund that operates to a higher standard of sustainability
- Participate in & perform impact analysis of potential assets
- Participate in portfolio reviews & communicate with institutional clients / external advisors
- Seniority dependent on skills and experience
- Research projects and other duties as assigned by Client Service Team
We are looking for…
- Min. 10 years relevant experience in forestry and / or sustainability
- Strong interpersonal and presentational skills
- Impact Finance, ESG and SRI (Socially Responsible Investing) knowledge
- Highly organized and detail orientated with a client focus
- Master’s degree or higher in forestry management / ESG in forestry or agriculture
- Fluent in English
What you get in return…
- A challenging position working with an experienced team of international entrepreneurs, asset managers and former-CEO’s
- Unique opportunity to be part of a fast-growing dynamic business striving to take big steps in the fight against climate change
- A chance to pioneer an improved concept for forestry management which mitigates and measures the ecological impact of forestry assets
- The opportunity to work remotely from anywhere in the world
- A competitive salary dependent upon experience level
- Opportunity to work part / flexi time
Please apply via the link or send your CV and Cover Letter directly to: email@example.com
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.