Operations and Finance Role at ChangemakerXchange
Want to join a fast moving and growing social start-up and work with some of the most exciting young social entrepreneurs from all around the world?
We are looking for a solution-focused and highly organised Operations and Finance team member, to join us at ChangemakerXchange, a global community gathering nearly 1000 of the world’s top young changemakers from 75 countries across four continents.
1. The Environment:
We strive for a workplace which is:
- Agile, fun, empowering and fulfilling – somewhere all team members truly love to work.
- Free from hierarchies and bottlenecks, everyone on the team leads and takes important decisions. For more information on our Modus Operandi, please see our Team Manifesto.
- Optimally set up to really deliver on our purpose and to serve our community of changemakers.
Our theory of change and activities are driven by "The ChangemakerXchange Purpose", which we have been co-creating with our community members:
ChangemakerXchange is a global community providing safe, supportive, fun, and empowering spaces for changemakers. We foster profound and lasting connections, nurture wellbeing, and enable peer-learning and meaningful collaborations. We envision a world where changemakers collectively create, sustain and scale positive change for people and planet.
For more info about ChangemakerXchange please visit: www.changemakerxchange.org
ChangemakerXchange is an independent global initiative, originally co-created by Ashoka and the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
2. The Role:
We are looking for an Operations focused team member to lead on many of our financial, administrative and operational processes and platforms; including but not limited to the below set of responsibilities.
- Financial reporting and monitoring.
- Bookkeeping & Accounting (e.g. working with tax office, processing reimbursements and bank transfers).
- Database management.
- Payroll and HR processes.
- Support with reporting for funders.
- Working with our Customer Relations Management (CRM) platform and other tools.
- Support with data privacy (GDPR) compliance and documentation.
- Other miscellaneous office management, admin and operations tasks.
- Some IT and hardware infrastructural support (basic).
- Joining team meetings and strategy sessions.
3. What we expect from the candidate:
- Experience and fluency or very fast learning capacity with administrative tasks and programs (MS Office, Salesforce, ideally DATEV).
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and ideally experience in the sector (the latter is not a must though and we understand this may be an opportunity for someone to find their way into the social innovation field).
- Skill with and passion for numbers.
- Ability to work and take decisions quickly and independently.
- Good communicator and solution-focused.
- Some IT and hardware understanding.
- Attention to detail, thorough and process/operations oriented.
- Fluency in English and German.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in a finance / bookkeeping role.
- Ideally an initial commitment of 2-3 days per week (open to discussion).
- Ideally based in Berlin or able to travel to Berlin frequently (open to discussion).
4. What we offer:
- A purpose driven role within a highly committed team (many of which have been active contributors to the social innovation eco-system for more than a decade).
- A work environment and team culture inspired by the principles of 'new work'.
- Much of the work can be done virtually, so regular home-office is feasible.
- An unparalleled learning opportunity for someone starting out in the sector.
- We have a deep focus on personal growth and have a wide range of talent development initiatives (e.g. personal coaching, trainings ...) and perks.
- Our renumeration is competitive for the sector. We collectively set your level and salary based on a combination of your years of work experience and ‘changemaking experience’ during an honest and deep discussion. We are open and creative about what constitutes changemaking experience and it can absolutely include projects or initiatives you started as a teen, volunteering or extra-curricular activities.
- We consider parental leave to be work / changemaking experience.
- We do have performance reviews at ChangemakerXchange (and love to challenge ourselves!), but we do consider yearly promotion-, salary- and bonus negotiations a waste of time and distraction from creating impact and therefore automatically increase everyone's salaries by 4-8% every year (the yearly percentage decreases over the years to make sure the gap between senior- and junior team members salaries is not becoming too wide).
5. Diversity and Belonging at ChangemakerXchange:
- At ChangemakerXchange, we celebrate diversity and a deep feeling of belonging as one of the key values and strengths which helps us to thrive as a global community. We strive to challenge our unconscious biases and create a fully inclusive environment for all our team members and community members.
- Our goal is to be as diverse as the community members we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, physical and mental disability or age.
6. How to Apply:
- Please apply via this form by 23rd August at midnight GMT.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.