IJM is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world. Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 offices. Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable. We rescue victims from slavery and other forms of violence. Together with governments and authorities, we support the prosecution of perpetrators and transform justice systems to combat violence in a sustainable way.
IJM Deutschland e. V. is IJM’s German country office which supports the global mission in various ways. Our 18 employees and more than 800 volunteers mobilize the German civil society, politics and the business sector for the fight against slavery. Since 2013 we have been establishing ourselves as a fast growing and successful NGO in Germany.
It is our goal to play a leading role in the German NGO scene when it comes to digital marketing, fundraising and storytelling. In the coming years, the professionalization and expansion of our Tech Stack and our digital marketing will be of outstanding importance to us, in order to enable consistently data-driven decision-making in the entire organization.
- Set up an up-to-date and scalable CRM (probably Salesforce) and successively connect all other systems (newsletter automation, bank accounts, payment service providers, donation receipts);
- Set up tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics and attribution products, if applicable) to measure the performance of digital funnels and systematically contribute to improving the individual conversion rates;
- Support other teams by setting up digital funnels and paid campaigns in social media (especially Facebook, Instagram), optimized for conversion targets like newsletter subscriptions and online donations;
- Support the technical development of our website (Craft CMS), make own changes if necessary (e.g. forms, interfaces) and be the contact person for external web developers;
- Organize the decision-making process for new software / services to be implemented;
- Work with agencies, other developers and our global IJM team to constantly improve our tech stack;
- Support our entire organization with informative data-based analyses and cross-divisional recommendations for the implementation of projects, campaigns, budget allocation, communication and fundraising.
- University degree in computer science, marketing, industrial engineering or an equivalent education (or practical experience that compensates for this);
- Extensive professional experience as developer or data engineer;
- Sound understanding of basic programming paradigms and APIs;
- Professional German language skills.
- Analytical approach for interpreting data and reports;
- Innovative, solution- and performance-oriented thinking;
- Problem-solver attitude and hands-on mentality;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Exceptional communication skills for explaining complex technical issues in a comprehensible way;
- Strong identification with the mission, work and values of IJM.
What does IJM have to offer?
- A mission critical job with many creative opportunities in an innovative, fast growing NGO whose corporate culture is defined by Christian values;
- Exciting and diverse projects in a highly committed and appreciative team;
- Flat hierarchies, flexible working hours and a modern workplace;
- Innovation and agility as well as a team-oriented internal structure;
- A full-time position limited to one year, with an option for extension.
Connect With us!
Send your resume, cover letter and reference letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 16, 2020. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter. Feel free to contact Judith Stein email@example.com in case you have further questions.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.