We, Yunus Social Business - Global Initiatives (YSB), are looking for a service-oriented and highly organized Executive Assistant & Partnerships Coordinator (m/f/d) to join our small, entrepreneurial team full-time in Berlin, starting as soon as possible.
Yunus Social Business (YSB) is a philanthropic fund for social businesses and venture builder for corporate social businesses. Co-founded in 2011 by Nobel Peace Laureate Muhammad Yunus, Saskia Bruysten and Sophie Eisenmann, our mission is to promote social business as a sustainable alternative to long-term aid, bridging the gap between business and philanthropy.
YSB is headquartered in Berlin with on-the-ground presence in Brazil, Colombia, India, Kenya and Uganda. Today, our social businesses already serve over 9 million people in emerging and developing countries with clean water, clean energy, healthcare and higher incomes.
We are currently a global team of 50+ people with experience in entrepreneurship, consulting, venture capital, business incubation, finance and development cooperation. We also work with an amazing community of freelance impact and business consultants, design thinking experts, startup catalysts and mentors for our projects.
Your main responsibilities
You will report to our CEO and to our COO Funds. You will work closely with our management team, as well as our global fundraising team. You will act as the point of contact among our executives, employees, local teams, clients, funders and other external partners.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- EA to the CEO & the COO Funds
- Manage the CEO’s & the COO Funds’ calendars and meeting requests
- Manage Professor Yunus’ travel and meeting itinerary for all YSB related, Europe-based events
- Make travel & accommodation arrangements
- Compile meeting and event briefings
- Coordinate investment calls with our local teams and co-investors
- Handle external correspondence & communication (i.e. via phone, email and mail)
- Facilitate meetings with external partners
- Assist in the organization of internal training & strategy workshops
- Partnerships Coordinator for the global fundraising and our corporate innovations team
- Act as point of contact for external partners (i.e. donors, corporate clients & partners)
- Plan & manage fundraising/corporate events from start to finish (i.e. venue, catering, guest list, invitations, budget,staffing, marketing material)
- Coordinate participation and itineraries during high-level events (i.e. World Economic Forum, United Nations General Assembly, Skoll World Forum, Social Business Day)
- Facilitate partnership opportunities (i.e. research, proposals, briefings)
- Issue donation receipts & prepare thank-you packages
- Prepare content & help design communication material
- Administration and Office Management
- Maintain and develop administrative processes and documents
- Prepare travel expense reports for the CEO & the COO Funds
- Act as a go-to person for the team; support the office manager
What you bring to YSB
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, ideally at a company/organization with international exposure in one of the following areas (or areas with similar job profiles)
- Executive Assistance
- Event Management
- Hotel Management
- Excellent organizational, scheduling and time-management skills, with:
- An eye for detail
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and engage in 100% follow-through
- Ability to work independently and to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work efficiently with a remote team
- Excellent communication skills, including administrative writing skills and positive presentation skills, with a focus on service orientation
- Fluent in German and English (both written and verbal; min C1 level required)
- Talent to communicate with high level contacts, incl. offices of CEOs, philanthropists, politicians, etc.
- Competent in using IT systems, especially
- Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Fluent in type-writing
- Knowledge in Salesforce/CRM systems, design tools & web posting is a plus
- Warm, service-oriented, ‘can-do’ attitude, with a strong team spirit
- Discretion and integrity are part of your DNA
- Highly motivated to the cause and to the tasks, with an interest in social business
- Comfortable to work with a diverse, entrepreneurial team
- A valid work permit for Germany (required)
What we offer
- Great opportunity to use your talent, skills and enthusiasm for meaningful work with purpose
- Open-minded, highly international team with flat hierarchies (10+ nationalities)
- Exciting working environment with scope to take on responsibility for projects within a dynamic organization
- Proper hand-over and coaching on the job
- 28 vacation days, flexible working hours and the option to work from home from time to time
- Company pension scheme
- Annual budget for professional training
- Central office location in lively Kreuz-Kölln, with excellent connections to public transport (directly at the underground station U8 Schönleinstraße)
We value diversity and welcome applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply as soon as possible in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the reference ‘Executive Assistant & Partnerships Coordinator’ in the subject line, including the following documents (one PDF):
- A meaningful cover letter, explaining your motivation for the job, your enthusiasm for the role and, most importantly, what makes you a good fit for the position
- Your Resume
- 1-2 Names of references
- Your earliest starting date
Please indicate in your application where you heard about this job opportunity. Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact Person for applications: Eliane Knobbe, EA & Partnerships Coordinator
email@example.com (for questions on JD); +49 30 95 999 1000
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.