Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Communications Team designs and implements communications strategies that support advocacy and policy priorities, fundraising strategies, the effective use of research products and multi-country projects. We support the work of our national chapters, including responding to threats to their work and personnel.
Main function: The Website and Online Communications Coordinator manages TI’s CMS, working closely with developers and TI teams to ensure the website meets the needs of the organization, aligns with the organizational strategy and builds brand awareness. They have responsibility for developing and implementing the website content strategy, ensuring the website is well structured, up-to-date and meets the needs of users. As well as writing and producing content, they train staff in writing and producing website content. They manage web administration tasks and provide necessary technical knowledge and support to colleagues by staying up to date with web technologies.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 2 years
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin/Germany
- Develop and implement effective content strategies for the TI website that aligns with the organisational strategy, including conducting regular content audits and creating content plans for specific priorities, campaigns or projects
- Use editorial skills and web development technologies (e.g. copywriting, editing, photo research and editing, HTML/CSS, social media, email marketing, graphic and information design, information architecture) to support user-friendly websites and online communications
- Work closely with TI-S teams and Chapters to identify, source, develop and promote online content suited to the target audience/s
- Provide training for staff in writing and producing content for the web
- Develop content that represents the diversity of TI’s work and geographical presence by building internal networks and strong working relationships with TI teams and national Chapters
- In collaboration with the IT Team, respond to and troubleshoot all website issues, identify and respond to all website security breaches, ensure that appropriate security measures are in place
- Oversee external contractors and vendors, in particular for front and backend development in accordance with best SEO practices and user-friendly design
- Develop, maintain and enhance online style standards, ensuring content adheres to these guidelines
- Support and lead on web development projects, including the integration and effective use of the Salesforce CRM, online donations and payment systems, and mass mailing systems
- Monitor, assess, and report on website performance
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree and/or similar professional qualification in a relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in website management with demonstrated knowledge of web technologies
- Strong HTML and CSS skills required; experience with PHP-based CMSs an advantage
- Experience using Google Analytics and AdWords
- Advanced abilities in project management, liaising with web developers and users, and oversight of external consultants desirable
- Excellent analytical, writing, editorial and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and to work effectively under pressure
- English language skills to native level required; additional languages, in particular, Spanish, French and/or German an advantage
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning also the source of the application) and CV in English (in one pdf-file) to: OnlineCommunicationsCoordinatorJob@transparency.org
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 1 March 2020.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that due to the high volume of applications it is unfortunately not possible to provide individual feedback.
To learn more about Transparency International, visit our website at www.transparency.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.