The International Civil Society Centre helps the leading international civil society organisations (ICSOs) maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world.
The Centre works with ICSOs to successfully navigate change. We scan the horizon for opportunities and threats; enable learning and cooperation among ICSOs and their stakeholders; support ICSOs in developing effective leadership; and promote robust accountability to strengthen ICSOs’ legitimacy. The Centre is a not-for-profit organisation fully owned by the organisations it serves. We strive to set high standards in management, governance and strategy for ICSOs and the wider sector.
The Centre is currently looking for a Human Resources and Operations Officer (80-100%). You will be responsible to structure our HRM, improve our HR policies, processes and practices, and help create a friendly, comfortable work environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Take the lead on the Centre’s HR administration
- Administer all HR-related tasks for 20-25 employees together with our external service provider, including payroll;
- Administer all HR-related processes in our HRM system
- Set up automated reporting and contract templates and compile reports when needed;
- Draft job announcements and contracts;
- Manage applications, interviews and induction of new team members.
2. Take the lead on operations management
- Uphold effective channels of communication within the team
- Maintain and update office handbooks and policies;
- Liaise with service providers to ensure smooth running of the office
- Take ownership over communal spaces;
- Plan team events, such as winter and summer outings, quarterly office cleans, etc.;
- Purchase and update inventory and maintain electronic and physical files.
- Help to administer Office365 and CiviCRM systems;
- Provide basic technical support to staff and Update IT Handbook as needed.
- Work with our Data Protection Officer to improve IT security;
The Human Resources and Operations Officer reports to the Operations Director but will also work with other team members on a regular basis.
- Experience in the areas HRM and office management is mandatory.
- Work experience in a NGO is considered an asset;
- You should be tech savvy and familiar with setting up processes and project management:
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Independent and proactive attitude, strong sense of ownership for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a team and in a structured and independent manner;
- Strong communication skills;
- A 2 year contract, with the possibility of extension
- Work experience and a thorough insight into the management and financial administration of a small non-for profit organisation
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 32 – 40 hours per week
Holidays: depending on working days, based on 26 holidays p.a.
Salary: we offer a competitive salary on qualification
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: As soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV, cover letter incl. salary expectations and references expressing your motivation, capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in German);
- include the earliest possible starting date and suggested amount of hours/week;
- be submitted through our online application form below by 31 August 2018. Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “Human Resources and Operations Officer” in the document title.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, we encourage early applications. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.