DOX BOX is hiring a part-time accountant/Buchhalter*in with knowledge in financial controlling
Deadline for Application: on a rolling basis
Start date: immediate
Part-time: 15-20 hours/ week
Who and What we are looking for:
The purpose of the accountant is to guarantee a proper financial, accounting and administration management, compliance with the legal frameworks in Germany, and the quality of DOX BOX’s activities. The accountant is in charge of financial planning, budgeting, treasury and financial reports on DOX BOX’s programmes in line with DOX BOX’s policies and procedures and with financiers’ regulations. The position also contributes to the development and implementation of organisational and funding strategies, policies and practices.
Tasks & responsibilities include:
- Revise, enforce and implement necessary financial policies and procedures to ensure transparency, quality and compliance,
- create, maintain and control project and organisational budgets, taking into account each financier’s requirements and internal financial health of the organisation,
- ensure - in consultation with DOX BOX’s tax consultant - that all financial dealings of the organisation are in compliance with German tax and NGO legislation,
- prepare and analyse quarterly forecasts on organisational and project budget levels and enforce associated budgetary controls,
- ensure appropriate documentation of projects for accountability and future donor inspection and or external audits,
- maintain and enhance an accurate and up-to-date accounting system, including computer data entry and paper file system,
- ensure that documents submitted to Accounting and Payroll Accounting for processing are correct and in compliance with German regulations,
- prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly data for tax reporting
- Relevant education (Advanced/vocational training certificate as Buchhalter or BSc/BA in accounting, business administration, financial management)
- Minimum of three years of experience of accounting and project controlling in Germany preferably in the NGO sector and in a multi-donor environment. Recent university graduates with less experience will be considered if they specialized in controlling/accounting.
- Practical knowledge of German NGO, tax and public funding legislation.
- Experience of controlling multi-donor project and organisational budgets in line with individual financiers’ regulations.
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, including the ability to read, analyze and communicate forecasts and financial risks to the team and board of the organisation.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in Excel and experience with internet research and database management.
- Knowledge of General Ledger accounting software, DATEV preferred.
- High degree of comfort with a variety of IT systems.
- Expertise in working with large volume of data (export, import to/from different systems);
- Working proficiency in both English and German
What we offer:
- Making an essential contribution to the important work of DOX BOX by using your skills and expertise to advance the cause of a rising and unique not-for-profit organisation.
- Option for training and development.
- Insights into the documentary sector of the Arab region and beyond.
- Part-time freelance or employment contract, 15 - 20 hours/week.
- Flexible working hours.
- Central office in Berlin Moabit with good coffee.
DOX BOX is a non-profit association supporting the advancement of documentary culture and industry in the Arab World through non-traditional programs. Established in Berlin in 2014, the association works to contribute to a prospering documentary community. Working across Europe and internationally, DOX BOX programs include online education, knowledge production, film archive, research, publication and grant-making. More info on https://dox-box.org
Full applications (CV, cover letter, scans of qualifications, and salary expectation) should be sent in English to:
- email@example.com; or
- DOX BOX e.V., Turmstrasse 70,10551, Berlin
We are looking forward to your applications.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.