Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, Germany. With 150 employees and about 80. 000 members, it is the oldest and largest of about 40 independent chapters of the international Wikimedia movement. The most well-known Wikimedia project, the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia, is used by millions of people across the world every day and is continuously updated and improved by millions of users.
Wikimedia Deutschland furthers these ideals even beyond the free encyclopedia: It is our aim to establish and promote the creation, collection, and distribution of free knowledge in all parts of society. Our objective is to create a world in which the sum of all human knowledge is freely accessible for everyone. The main focus of our activities is the support of volunteers, the development of technology and software, and the cooperation with cultural and scientific institutions. Furthermore, we advocate on both the national and EU-level a legal framework which allows for free knowledge to become part of our everyday life.
All software we develop is Open Source, and we contribute back to various projects we use. Many of our components are published in a format that allows to re-use them beyond our own projects.
Wikimedia projects are open and collaborative projects in which anyone can participate. Software development is carried out by the Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedia Germany and volunteer developers. The Wikidata and Wikibase projects are two of three primary projects worked on by Wikimedia Germany's software development department.
We are looking for a
Partner Relationship Manager (m/f/d)
to join our Software & Development Department in Berlin.
- Building great relationships with GLAM (Galleries, libraries, archives and museums), science, government and business partners by being a proactive, responsive, and strategic ally for Wikibase/Wikidata projects.
- Working in tandem with the Partnerships team to develop new personal and organisational contacts
- Attending events to spread awareness of Wikibase
- Establishing and running educational workshops related to Wikibase
- Integrating new partners in the same field (e.g. libraries) into specialized sub-communities while keeping them well connected with other parts of the movement
- Explaining the functions and uses of Wikibase to online communities
- Gathering feedback from the communities and relaying it to the SWE department
As a Partner Relationship Manager you have:
- Previous experience managing business relationships, preferably with GLAM and science institutions
- Experience as an educator and solid presentation skills
- A solid understanding of free knowledge, GLAM and science organisations, databases and digital networks and are knowledgeable in our partners’ products, organisations and fields.
- Strong communication skills to uncover institutions priorities, challenges and goals
- An advocate for our partners needs or when issues arise
- A friendly, open and honest attitude and an ability to relate to people quickly
- Excellent English and good German communication skills
- Previous people management experience is a plus
What we offer:
- A friendly and open-minded team that looks forward to working with you
- The opportunity to promote Free Knowledge in a unique movement
- You will have a noticeable impact on one of the top four visited websites in the world
- Varied and interesting challenges in a future-oriented and international environment, with a highly engaged global community
- A modern and centrally located office space
- An agile and dynamic organization with room for professional and personal development, and with flexible working hours
- You can attend local user groups during work time and you are encouraged to do so
- The chance to attend open knowledge events all over the globe
- Additional benefits: Public transport allowance; access to complementary pension benefits; continued salary in the event of ill children; free coffee, tea, soft drinks and organic fruits; access to free-of-cost counselling and coaching on work-relocated and personal matters
Initial appointment is for 2 years.
Then apply now! Send us your detailed application documents via our job portal. Our personnel team will be happy to answer your questions. We kindly ask you to refrain from submitting photos and information on date of birth, marital status, and parents. We look forward to hearing from you!
Wikimedia Germany is committed to equal opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of, for example, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or belief, political or other opinion, gender, age, disability, or sexual identity or orientation.
In light of an underrepresentation of women in our Software Development Department, we very much welcome a broad diversity of candidates.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.