The Economy for the Common Good (ECG) is an economic model, which makes the Common Good, a good life for everyone on a healthy planet, its primary goal and purpose.
At the heart of this concept lies the idea that values-driven businesses are mindful of and committed to human dignity, solidarity and social justice, environmental sustainability, and transparency and co-determination.
The International Federation for the Economy for the Common Good e. V. is the international umbrella organisation to support the ECG movement on a global perspective.
It is a grassroots volunteer movement organised into local chapters as well as regional and national associations.
Marketing and communication are of crucial importance for the continued growth and success of the Economy for the Common Good (ECG).
Role of the International Communications Coordinator
- Position ECG in international media and public discourse to increase its profile and visibility
- Co-create the communications strategy and activities together with International PR Coordinator, the ECG Management Team and the Communications Hub, defining messages, key audiences and channels
- Collaborate with the International PR Coordinator to align messaging and communications with audiences, and management of core tools such as corporate identity, website, social media
- Support ECG activists and communications coordinators in their PR work worldwide
Service Objectives and Tasks
- Liaise with and develop contacts to journalists and international media, and pitch stories to the press
- Produce content for newsletters, social media, corporate identity guidelines, website, blogs, brochures and other communications formats, while ensuring coherence and consistency (terminology, best practices, case studies and stories)
- Provide channels of communication to collect and share activities and best practice across the movement
- Support the development and launch of ECG branding and ECG label
- Monitor news and discourse on alternative economic models
- Develop a range of internal communication tools, templates and processes to build the movement’s communications capability
- Co-create basic information for onboarding of ECG businesses, members, consultants, local chapter and hub coordinators
- Support redesign of national websites based on new template
- Offer workshops for organisational units so that they can market more professionally
- Establish relationships with journalists and media to encourage regular news coverage
- Commitment to the vision and goals of the ECG movement
- Professional experience and track record of international media and public relations (at least 3 years)
- Ability to work in a non-hierarchical international team through collaborative decision-making
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Self-organisation and flexibility
- High standard of written and spoken English (other languages desirable)
- Computer skills (CMS, database management, newsletter tools, graphic design)
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability for the post. Please address each point of the requirements, giving details and examples of how your knowledge, skills, experience and achievements meet them.
ECG welcomes applications from those who are under-represented in society.
Interviews will be held online.
Employer: International Federation for the Economy for the Common Good e.V, Hamburg
Location: Remote working, some international travel to events will be
Hours: 15 hours per week
Deadline for applications: 12th of December 2021
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.