Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: November 15, 2020
Earliest starting date: January 15, 2021
CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in Continental Europe. In your role as Trainee Reporter Services, you will support our mission in order to motivate global multinationals with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and banning deforestation from direct corporate business practices.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with 500+ institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion and 140+ supply chain members with a combined purchasing power of $4 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 8,400 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 800 cities and over 120 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
The role includes:
- Supporting the team in delivering member benefits to existing European Reporter Services companies and securing their renewal income;
- Supporting program members in advancing their sustainability strategies through disclosure support, benchmarking, score feedback, gap analysis;
- Developing processes, tools and documents to enable successful delivery of member deliverables;
- Contributing to and developing concepts that either increase value to members or delivery efficiency;
- Supporting the team with analysis environmental and CRM data;
- Playing an active role in project work with global CDP stakeholder teams;
- Contributing to the regional teams by integrating the Reporter Services work of regional members;
- Contributing to the wider development and strategy of the CDP Reporter Services program;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree;
- Advanced analytical and technical skills, a liking for data analysis, data mining, benchmarking and process optimization;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and climate change issues and how we can solve them;
- Exposure on climate change and sustainability topics, with a special focus on GHG emissions and /or water / forest metrics a plus;
- Good communication skills, ability to interact convincingly both internally and externally with people with different seniority levels.
- Strong organisational and planning skills – both at strategic and operational levels;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel;
- Basic programming skills a plus;
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; German or any other major European language a plus.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- A unique opportunity to learn about sustainability topics and strategy based on the work of CDP and the Climate, Water and Forests programmes;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Ivor Kadragic, CV, references/certificates) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trainee Reporter Services – First name Last name” in the subject line.
Before you apply: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.