Due to the strong growth in CDP Europe’s partnerships work, we are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Communications, Partnerships and Events team.
About the role:
Are you interested in applying and growing your skills of partnership management, account management, events coordination and business development in an international, mission-driven environment? In this role you will be supporting CDP Europe’s Partnerships and Events work; maintaining and growing our network of Accredited Solutions Providers; improving the impact, diversity and presentation of our partnerships; and supporting the delivery of innovative sustainability events for CDP’s corporate, capital market, local government and policymaker audiences. If you are a partnerships professional looking for a diverse role with a true impact, this is an opportunity for you.
About CDP’s Accredited Solutions Providers:
This program connects our base of thousands of disclosing companies and local governments with service providers that can support their environmental measurement, management, and leadership efforts. Services include verification, software, consultancy, renewable energy, science-based targets and more. Read more about the program here.
The role includes:
- Account management of existing corporate partner relationships and data purchasers including, but not limited to, onboarding, optimizing visibility, conducting webinars, supporting technical inquiries and tracking;
- Supporting CDP Europe’s partnerships manager to renew existing solutions providers and secure new solutions providers via targeted outreach;
- Responding in inbound opportunities to grow our network of solutions providers and data partners, and improve the processes and efficiency of our partnerships funnel;
- Supporting the development of an innovative strategy to grow CDP Europe’s range of partnerships and data sales;
- Presenting CDP to potential new partners, through webinars and introductory meetings;
- Producing effective marketing and presentation materials for partnerships and events;
- Supporting the delivery of CDP’s annual conference in coordination with teams across CDP;
- Supporting the coordination of Europe-wide event activities, improving the harmonization and quality of events delivered by diverse CDP teams;
- Active coordination with other CDP teams to engage with stakeholders in an efficient and organised manner, and;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BA/BSc degree; masters preferred or relevant experience;
- 1-3 years’ work experience, ideally in the corporate, investor or civil society sectors, additional environmental NGO or corporate sustainability experience is an advantage;
- Account management experience, able to manage relationships responsibly, providing value to partners while establishing clear boundaries and keeping focus on CDP’s overall strategy;
- Good public speaking skills and ability to interact with high-level representatives from private and public sectors;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills and ability to work with teams in a multi-national setting;
- Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail with good research, writing and drafting skills;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe occasionally;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, in particular Excel; experience with CRM systems and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus;
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written), fluency in other European languages is an advantage.
What we offer:
- An initial 12-month contract based at CDP’s Berlin office with a possibility to extend subject to resources;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with the Communications, Partnerships and Events Partnerships team in Europe, the Corporate Engagement team in Europe, the wider CDP Global Partnerships team, and report to the Communications Manager, Europe.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Joshua Snodin, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Partnerships and Events Support Officer – First Name Last Name” in the subject line.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.