Job title: Project Officer Supply Chain
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: 01/10/2020
- Would you enjoy working to preserve our planet?
- Do you think engaging with large global companies can be an impactful lever for change?
- Are you excited about working closely with some of Europe's largest companies to drive action on reducing emissions in their supply chains?
CDP Europe is growing, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual with skillsets in operations, communications, data analysis and data management to support the highly motivated, successful, and ambitious Supply Chain team at CDP. CDP’s supply chain program works with the largest companies in the world to improve the environmental performance of their supply chains by engaging their suppliers. If you have a passion and desire to proactively work with businesses to prevent dangerous climate change, then this is the ideal role for you.
The Project Officer will be based in CDP’s Berlin office and will be responsible for carrying out critical activities to support CDP’s Supply Chain team. The key areas of responsibility include, creating content for external presentations, industry-specific research, generation of data analysis and strategic insights, and providing operational support to the Supply Chain team. Attention to detail, data analysis skills, efficiency and the highest-level of organization are fundamental to this role.
About CDP: CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Working with 500+ institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion and 155+ supply chain members with a combined purchasing power of $4 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with some 55% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2019. This is in addition to the over 620 cities and over 120 states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information and driver of change globally. Please visit www.cdp.net to find out more.
The role includes:
- Operational assistance and relationship management support for supply chain Account Managers;
- Support program members in advancing their sustainable supply chain strategies across climate change, deforestation and water security impacts;
- Conduct in-depth data analysis of environmental performance of companies;
- Contribute to sector working groups development, facilitation and collaboration between members;
- Enable members to get the most out of their suppliers' data reported through CDP and serve their needs through CDP ‘s annual reporting cycle;
- Facilitate growth in memberships: analyse and prioritise leads based on relevance of their supply chain and readiness to join the program;
- Identify best practices in supplier engagement across European supply chain members;
- Actively cooperate with other teams to effectively manage stakeholder relationships;
- Contribute to the wider development and strategy of the CDP supply chain program;
- Prepare tailored reports for CDP supply chain member companies;
- Create content for webinars, events, member calls, and member meetings;
- Conduct research on supply chain/procurement sustainability and EHS, such as competitor and gap analysis, to identify ways to develop our supply chain offering;
- Maintain customer relationship management database;
- Support the quality assurance and testing of data analysis outputs.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Confident verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- An interest in data analysis and in using and maintaining databases;
- Experience working with GHG emissions datasets;
- Proven skills in public speaking and collaboration with corporations in industry working groups;
- Be self-motivated and driven;
- Good business communications experience and a very strong command of business language, with ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure;
- A clear understanding of the aims, objectives and processes of CDP and CDP's supply chain program and a strong conviction about CDPs impact;
- A good team player with the ability to work with colleagues around the world;
- Demonstrated project management and coordination skills;
- Advanced in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in a client relationship management (CRM) program
- Knowledge of climate change, water risk & stewardship, deforestation issues
- Familiarity with procurement and/or supply chain management functions
- Strong organizational and planning skills both at strategic and operational levels
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-national team with virtual communication (MS Teams etc.)
- Knowledge or experience in marketing communications is a plus.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, engaged and international team;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Company Pension with Allianz;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at WeWork Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Interim Manager Supply Chain.
Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Hugo Ernest Jones, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to email@example.com with “PO Supply Chain – First name Last name” in the subject line.
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.