Location: Berlin, Germany or remote
Application deadline: Rolling
Start date: Jan. 2022
CDP is seeking an intern to support CDP’s Supply Chain Program from our office in Berlin. The successful candidate will work as part of the dynamic and enthusiastic global Supply Chain team with colleagues in London, New York, Berlin, Beijing, Tokyo and São Paulo. CDP’s supply chain program catalyzes disclosure and action on climate change, forests and water amongst both purchasing companies and their suppliers.
Making use of CDP’s tried and tested disclosure process, CDP Supply Chain enables member companies to deepen engagement with key suppliers throughout the supply chain, including – crucially – those at the coal-face of environmental risk. Through the collection of supplier data, the Program facilitates greater measurement, management and informed interaction between purchasers and suppliers and helps drive action on ending unsustainable business practices.
The role includes
- Supporting the team Account Managers in providing quality assurance checks on supplier data;
- Supporting the Project Officer in developing analysis to help members model and visualize Scope 3 emissions and drive action on Science Based Targets (SBTs);
- Analyzing and creating reports using data disclosed through CDP by suppliers;
- Conducting extensive data quality checks on CDP data outputs that need to be delivered to members;
- Updating member organisation & contact records in the Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Assisting with administration of the supply chain disclosure system, and with the incoming supplier queries during the disclosure cycle;
- Assisting team members with research or administrative tasks, as they arise.
The successful candidate should have
- Is working toward a Masters degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Sustainability, Environmental studies);
- Has excellent excel skills, including experience in data analysis and visualization;
- Has demonstrated interest in environmental issues and/or corporate sustainability and product development to address environmental challenges;
- Is highly detail-oriented and has an eye for consistency and accuracy;
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Is a quick learner and thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Has experience with Microsoft Office and client relationship programs, such as CRM;
- Can work independently with minimal supervision while aligning work with other team members;
- Highly competent spoken and written English and any other major European language.
What we offer
- Insight into corporate environmental disclosure and data, current trends and best practice in environmental data management;
- Experience in the development of tools to deliver services to corporate members;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team;
- 200 Euro per month internship compensation;
- 7,5 vacation days for the internship period of three months;
- Flexible working hours;
- Modern office at WeWork (Sony Center) with free networking events, and hot and cold beverages.
The position is open only for candidates enrolled at a German University. The successful candidate will work five days per week in our Berlin office and must be able to work legally in Germany. The internship will last for a maximum period of three months and the intern will work with and report to the Supply Chain Account Manager.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV and references/certificates) in English via our recruiting platform.
Before you apply, we’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we can only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 21 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
CDP Europe is a charitable organization registered in Brussels and Berlin and on the EU Transparency Register since 2012. It is part of the CDP Global System, a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with over 590 investors with $110 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 10,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2020, including more than 9,600 companies worth over 50% of global market capitalization, and over 940 cities, states and regions, representing a combined population of over 2.6 billion. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit cdp.net or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.