The Economy for the Common Good (ECG) www.ecogood.org provides a wide range of IT services, from email to Wiki and Web for its members from all over the world.
The IT department (IT Hub) has recently restructured its job positions and is looking for a strategic vision person to coordinate the International IT Team, to be able to provide the movement with a solid IT Service in order to support the ECG international growth.
Management of IT services
- Coordinate IT projects together with the IT Hub, IT staff and relevant stakeholders
- Actively work with the volunteers of the IT Hub and coordinate their contributions
- Maintain contact to external service providers (e.g. Hosting, Software): control cost and quality of service
- Administrative management and 2nd/3rd level IT support
- Help to fulfill the main goals within the statute of the IT Hub
- Encourage movement members to make more and better use of available technological tools
- Contribute to the ECG Strategy in topics related to IT services and tools
- Personnel responsibility and supervisor for employees or contractors
Quality assurance and strategic development
- Strategic IT service development: Review of current architecture and potentially necessary adjustments and extensions in close cooperation with the IT Hub
- Monitor satisfaction of end users
- Conducting an annual ECG wide IT survey
- Keep close communication with the IT Support team about bigger issues
- Monitoring of services (eg. uptime / resources)
Communication and Coordination
- Coordination and moderation of the IT Hub meetings
- Keep close communication with the volunteers of the IT Hub and IT staff in the movement
- Attendance in the IT stakeholder meetings
- Attendance in the PPM meetings
- Support of the EMT and FMC in IT related topics
- Actively participate in ECG projects that require some kind of technological support and/or analysis
Requirements and skills
- Broad IT know-how ideally in Confluence, Jira, Wordpress, Nextcloud, Mailservers, LDAP, mlmmj, CAS SmartWe or other CRM systems.
- Experience with Linux servers (Debian), Git and the administration of common FOSS software (partly listed above)
- Programming experiences
- Strong affinity to open source and fair software
- Strategic thinking
- Communicative, open personality, team player
- Respectful communication
- Open to change / Flexible
- Fluent English is required, fluent German is helpful
- Acting accordingly to the ECG Code of Conduct and values
- Active participation in the ECG movement would be appreciated
The Economy for the Common Good (ECG) is an economic model, which makes the Common Good, a good life for everyone on a healthy planet, its primary goal and purpose.
At the heart of this concept lies the idea that value-driven businesses are mindful of and committed to: Human Dignity; Solidarity and Social Justice; Environmental Sustainability; Transparency & Co-Determination.
The International Federation for the Economy for the Common Good e. V. is the international umbrella organisation to support the ECG movement on a global perspective.
It is a grassroot volunteer movement organised into local chapters as well as regional and national associations.
Contract Type: Employee / Service contract
Workplace: 100% remote or at the ECG office in Hamburg
Working hours: 20-30 hours / week
Start: Jan. 1st 2023, with three months probationary period
Salary: The Economy for the Common Good pays fair wages based on the ECG salary model.
International Federation for the Economy for the Common Good e. V., Hamburg
Be part of our movement and an awesome team of staff and volunteers and help working for an economy designed to promote a better life for people and planet.
To apply for this position please send a CV and a supporting statement outlining your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com until the 10th of December 2022.
Please add “International IT Coordinator” in the subject.
ECG welcomes applications from those who are under-represented in society.
Interviews will be held online.
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.