About the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
The BMW Foundation promotes responsible leadership and inspires leaders worldwide to work towards a peaceful, just, and sustainable future. Through its activities, the BMW Foundation aims to advance the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
We are looking to hire a Business Intelligence Engineer (m/f/x) in the area of Data to join the Foundation’s Berlinor Munich office starting July 2022.
Your tasks – What you will contribute
- You will work in close partnership with stakeholders across the organization and provide advice and guidance to support delivery of workstreams and projects.
- You will establish data democratization through Foundation wide data discovery and data access management using appropriate tools such as Salesforce.
- You will refine processes, roles and responsibilities related to data governance framework and ensure clear accountability for ownership & stewardship of the Foundation’s principal information assets.
- You will nourish a collaborative environment by encouraging the sharing of ideas and openness to feedback, learning and iteration as well as translate and visualize data for the BMW Foundation.
- You will support adoption of data management standards and processes and help implement review processes for metadata management outcomes.
Your profile – What we are looking for
- You have a degree in Information Management Systems, Business Informatics, Information Technology or similar.
- You have several years (3-5 years) of experience in the field of data management (methodical, professional, technical) within an information or data governance setting.
- You describe yourself as data focused with an analytical mindset together with a strong knowledge of data and change or program management experience.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and other relevant tools.
- Your strengths are your demonstrable experience in building and maintaining successful initiatives in data and quality and your knowledge of Data quality measurement and KPIs.
- Helping design and implement data quality measurement processes and embedding the data governance organizational model is fun for you.
- You have a strong inner drive to get things done and like to work
- You have good German and English skills and a strong desire to work in
Our offer – What you can expect
- A dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team that works towards a peaceful, just, and sustainable future in keeping with the UN 2030 Agenda.
- The opportunity to shape the data architecture of the BMW Foundation.
- The possibility to advance meaningful projects, and to challenge and pitch your own views and projects.
- An appreciative corporate culture, lots of responsibility, leeway, and variety, and the opportunity for individualized professional and personal development.
- A full-time job with flexible working hours, options for home office, and 30 vacation days per year.
- A 24-month contract with the intention of turning it into a permanent contract at the end of this period. (Please note that we will not be able to cover relocation expenses.)
- A unique workspace in the BMW Foundation’s Berlin or Munich office, each in the heart of the city.
Are you interested?
If all of the above resonates with you, please send your full application (cover letter, CV, references) to Katja Bachhuber at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover email, please specify your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
Responsible Leadership also means working towards equality. Therefore, the BMW Foundation explicitly welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, nationality, racial or ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Where qualifications are equal, preference will be given to people with severe disabilities.
To protect against coronavirus, job interviews will be partly conducted by video.
For more information about the Foundation and its activities, please visit our website http://bmw-foundation.org
Show some love and please mention tbd* in your application.